lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
WWH
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 DS Non-regen Jumpy acceleration

I checked the other threads on this subject without help. I took my cart into a shop to have battery box rebuilt and have a snow plow mounted. When I got it back it jumps like it has no speed control as soon as you hit the pedal. The batteries are less than one year old and well maintained. I think they may have just wired something wrong. Any ideas what to look for? BTW - cart worked fine when I drove it to the shop.
WWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 DS Non-regen Jumpy acceleration

If it was a dealer, the first thing I would do is take it back to them and have them troubleshoot it . . . you didn't pay money for them to create problems . . . otherwise, you have to start tracing all your wires to make sure everything is hooked up and hooked up properly . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWH View Post
I checked the other threads on this subject without help. I took my cart into a shop to have battery box rebuilt and have a snow plow mounted. When I got it back it jumps like it has no speed control as soon as you hit the pedal. The batteries are less than one year old and well maintained. I think they may have just wired something wrong. Any ideas what to look for? BTW - cart worked fine when I drove it to the shop.

yep if you paid them take it back to them......if its a hassle its their hassle and if it wasn,t like that when you drove it in there theres no way they should have given it back yto you like that, they had to wire something wrong a plow should have nothing to do with the speed system....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
WWH
Not Yet Wild

Not a dealer a friend. New aluminum undercoated to prevent corrosion cleaned entire frame.They did a great job on the battery box repair. They are semi-truck mechanics and may not understand electric vehicles.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Not a dealer a friend. New aluminum undercoated to prevent corrosion cleaned entire frame.They did a great job on the battery box repair. They are semi-truck mechanics and may not understand electric vehicles.
Well, time to verify all connections and look for any that are not connected . . . that's a starting point . . .
Old 12-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
WWH
Not Yet Wild

Do the batteries need to be in contact with the aluminum? I assume not but, they undercoated the frame with a Ziebart type product. Do you have a wiring diagram? I'm almost sure they just wired something incorrectly. They only took the batteries out and then wired the snow plow to the voltage regulator. Stevegrmich - by your name I wonder if you are in Michigan? I am in Albion MI
Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Do the batteries need to be in contact with the aluminum? I assume not but, they undercoated the frame with a Ziebart type product. Do you have a wiring diagram? I'm almost sure they just wired something incorrectly. They only took the batteries out and then wired the snow plow to the voltage regulator. Stevegrmich - by your name I wonder if you are in Michigan? I am in Albion MI
1. Batteries do not need to be in contact with aluminum . . frame DOES NOT serve as a ground in a CC golf cart, ever, never . . .

2. Check "Stickies" for wiring diagram.

3. West Michigan, about 25 miles due east of Holland . . .
Old 12-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you know what call them and ask if they had to ground anything and if so where?? all grounds have to go to battery neg. if they grounded anything to cart or frame that could be your problem.........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
WWH
Not Yet Wild

Sorry Steve, Skip wiring diagram I found one online
Old 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
WWH
Not Yet Wild

Shadow is from some place cold also from looking at his picture. Steve I will be in Rose City on Friday, I hope I get this fixed by then. I'm actually at Duck Lake which is 7-1/2 miles north of Albion. Beautiful day in the 3rd most beautiful State in the Union - "The Mitten", I just got back from my daily walk around the Lake. My garage is across the street so I will have to go back and forth for help from you two. I really appreciate the help. I'll take pictures of any suspicious wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car