lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2006 Club Car Precedent Winch Instal

Well, I said my first mod would be a winch install and after looking high and low for some way to do this....I finally just jumped in there and did it myself. Hopefully the info I share can inspire someone else to try the same, or at least give some ideas for their own project.

*BTW, I am not a fabricator, or mechanic, or cart guru....just an average joe*

First I had to get rid of the factory lights to make room for the Winch. Wasn't that bad of a job considering all the wiring was done with the factory kit. The following pictures are of the new lights and the room it created:

Next, with many trips back to the workbench, I got the 3/8 inch steel plate cut down to size, the holes located in the correct spot for the 4 bolts holding it on, and painted. I didn't get a picture of just the plate, but hopefully you can see some of it in the pics below. It is a 14 x 7 inch plate of 3/8 steel with the back corners cut down for clearance of the steering mechanism.

Finally some close ups of the install.

As for power, I am going to put a large deep cell marine battery in the bagwell, and wire that up to a power distribution block, so I can add other accessories later as needed.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
eaglesdad1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Club Car Precedent Winch Instal

Good job ! Thanks for sharing.
eaglesdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks a bunch! I have been wanting to put a winch on my precedent but thought it not possible. Your solution is simple and elegant. I had not considered removing the bumper and light. I suppose it is rather simple to rig new lights to the existing wiring for the bar light. One question though, do you have concerns about your lights sticking out further than the brush guard? It appears they may be.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

looks like you did a stand up job............thats one of the things i want to do is a winch , this summer.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

I thought about the lights sticking out a bit further, but with where I hunt, I don't see it will matter much. The lights are from an auto place, at $19.00. If I mess them up, I will get a stronger set and mount them below the same bar in some fashion further back....just another fun project the way I see it!
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlade View Post
I thought about the lights sticking out a bit further, but with where I hunt, I don't see it will matter much. The lights are from an auto place, at $19.00. If I mess them up, I will get a stronger set and mount them below the same bar in some fashion further back....just another fun project the way I see it!
Yeah, kind of thought about that myself. At under 20$, if they get damaged, just get a new set. Don't think I will be trail blazing in my cart the way I used to do on my Yamaha ATV.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car