lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
rmosso1
Not Yet Wild

Default GOLF CARTS, on highways, in GEORGIA

[SIZE="3"]This is a story about nothing! I'll try to make it short. First, Georgia's legislature and Governor signed into law SB 240. Here is a link to the law: [http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2011_...P_10.htm/SIZE]

To me, I read the law that says golf carts are legal on 35 mph roadways! WRONG

The interpretation from the GEORGIA MUNICIPAL ASSOCIATION, found at this link: http://www.gmanet.com/MDR.aspx?CNID=64439 Basically it says you need registration, insurance and driver's license.

OK, but, it also says there must be a local enabling law. I checked with the two GA counties where I could use my golf carts. NO ENABLING LAW.

Further, the County Registration Department says, as there is no Enabling law, then the "PERSONAL VEHICLE" cannot be registered.

I wonder how much time was spent passing this law?

As I said, above, NOTHING has changed, oh, and I did spend about $1,200. putting all the safety equipment on my golf carts. Makes me mad

NOTHING
rmosso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
SD70ACe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: GOLF CARTS, on highways, in GEORGIA

I think I heard that Peachtree City is exempt from most of the new law, since we are already required to have our carts registered with the city each year. We have designated cart paths throughout the city and are allowed to operate on neighborhood streets. We do have to have headlights, taillights and a horn and it sounds like seat belts may be next!
SD70ACe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car