lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
93-306
Gone Wild

Default Caroche decisions

Fist off I would like to say killer forum!! I am new to golf carts so this is my first one and really like mine to be different than the others riding around the neighborhood so after scouring Craigslist I came apon a 1975 Caroche for $100 with batterys and a charger so I jumped on it. I am gonna do a complete restmod restore on it and was looking for some tips. I am a speed junkie on a budget so am wondering about a 48 volt conversion using a controler. I need to replace the relays and f/r switch so I am like what the heck. Now on to my questions.
-If the factory motor runs in forward is it safe to assume it will run in reverse. The 4 wire motor is throwing me for a loop.
-What is a good controler I could use on a budget.
-If I do this can I still use the 3 step pedal switch for the speeds to the controler?
As I have more I will post em. Below is a pic of my $100 jewl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo024.jpg (59.2 KB, 16 views)
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Caroche decisions

Nice looking $100 investment . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

How much of a budget are you one? I ask because you're looking at approximately thousand dollars to upgrade plus batteries, If you want any kind of speed you're not going to get it from that cart as it sits right now. You will need batteries, controller, solenoid, battery charger, pot box, 4gauge cables throughout the cart. And a few other things.

For the hundred dollars you spent that's a nice cart a real classic. But it's not going to be fast and it's not going to be cheap to make it fast. Talk to Scotty he can let you know everything you will need. Save your money, good luck, and by all means have fun.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
93-306
Gone Wild

Not really wanting a bunch of speed just wanna be able to hang with the newer 36 and 48 volt carts in the neighborhood. Am honestly not sure what kind of speed these produce stock. Don't mind spending some cash on it because the initial cost was so low and I kinda like the old school styling of it. Have it down to the frame now and thank goodness the brakes only will need new shoes soon. Is it safe to assume that if the motor runs in forward it will run in reverse. I could never get it to run in reverse before teardown and the F/R switch checked out good?
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Not running in reverse could have something to do with lack of battery power. Stock speed is 10 to 12 mph. So anything over that you will have to do some kind of modifications........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
sharkbot
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

93-306, did you ever upgrade your Caroche? I want to do the same but am having trouble picking out a controller and throttle. I love my Caroche because it is heavy duty (has a truck frame) and I tow things around my property. I have to climb really steep hills so I have been wanting to get a higher torque motor, but given the age of the cart nothing seems to fit. I have even thought about switching out the rear end to something that will support the newer motors and have been wanting to add front brakes.

I just took off the body panels tonight so I am ready for a major overhaul. I know it could be a money pit, but the cart is WAY more beefy than the newer ones so I want to keep the platform. Plus it already has a lift kit, atv tires, dump bed, and a hitch.

If you have find anything or make mods let me know.

Thanks!

Aaron
sharkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car