lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 Club Car DS 48 volt Series Charger problems

that looks like a relay in the diagram.....is that what is missing in your charger? my eyes arn,t the best so i can,t tell for sure on that pic but thats right about where it would be........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, the entire relay is missing from the charger. Looking at the diagram it shows something hooked to the relay. I called the guy that I bought the cart from and he said all he removed was the relay so hopefully that's all I need. Thanks for the help.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #13
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well, the relay for the charger came in today and I installed it using the wiring diagram I found and now the charger will not come on at all. That's the reason the previous owner jumpered the relay in the first place. So, since the charger works with the relay jumpered and will not come on with the new relay installed does that mean the OBC is bad on this cart? If so, would I be better off just buying a charger that does not use the OBC? Which charger should I buy? I found some that charge and maintain if left plugged in. Should I buy one of those? Please help this ignorant EZGO guy get this stupid CC going.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yeah thats why they jumped it a bad OBC ...........my advice is replace the OBC you can buy 2 of them for the price your gonna pay for a charger and then theres a few other things you need to rig to get it to work...........i don,t like the OBC setup but when its working its the best for giving your batteries an equal charge and keeping pack in balance. bowslayer check andy,s post powerdrive charger theres something that could be of interest to you....................
Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok, after doing a little more research I found a post stating to check the fuse at the charger receptacle. So I did and it was blown. It was a 3/8 amp fuse and all I had was a 5 amp fuse but I put one in it anyway. As soon as I hooked the fuse holder back together the battery light on the dash came on and went off and I heard the relay in the charger click. So I plugged the charger in to power and it started charging. What do I do now? Should I try to find a 3/8 amp fuse to go in there or let it run with the 5 amp one? This thing is an entirely different beast than I'm used to messing with. Thanks again for any help.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes get a 3/8 amp fuse.......man thats a stroke of luck if thats all thats wrong and i have to say in my years of doing these and as many as i have had my hands on this is the 1st time i have heard of or seen that fuse go bad.......that fuse just is never ever bad but i,m sure you,ll take it a 2 dollar fuse over a 150.00 OBC way to go........and yes they do sell that fuse....................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car