lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
thomp361
Not Yet Wild

Default blue battery meter

does anyone know where I can get a blue battery meter for my precedent, preferably LED.
thomp361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: blue battery meter

ScottyB here on this forum sells DVM's, but I think you will find that it is hard to find a blue one with the proper voltage range for your cart...48v. If you could settle for Red, you would be fixed right up. I have one from him and love it.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
thomp361
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
ScottyB here on this forum sells DVM's, but I think you will find that it is hard to find a blue one with the proper voltage range for your cart...48v. If you could settle for Red, you would be fixed right up. I have one from him and love it.
I've seen his, I guess I don't understand why his is so much better?
thomp361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp361 View Post
Better than what? The meter Scottyb sells is rated correctly for ANY cart I have ever seen, it's 100% waterproof, shock-proof, has a simple 2 wire no-brainer hookup, and has been proven by hundreds of users to work perfectly.

You might find something similar on an auction site, but it's NOT the same quality or easy install, AND they fail very quickly.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
The Datel meter that ScottyB sells only comes in red LED for this voltage range . . the Datel meters that have blue LED and are 2 wire/water resistant are only available in lower voltage ranges (4.5v-20v and 8v-50v) . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Back in March of 2009 I started a thread on my install of a Digital Meter. This was before it became a good staple to have. (Tapping self on shoulder.)
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...installed.html

I've attached the link if you want to check it out but I can save you tons of time... The meters I installed, (notice meters in the plural,) never worked for a very long time and are definitely NOT waterproof. I sealed them, covered them but moisture still will get in. The meters that Scotty sells, (I have that meter NOW,) is the BEST, easiest to install meter you'll fine and the best news is that it will be the ONLY one you'll need to purchase and install.

I hope that I answered your question.

Save yourself time and money and just do it right the first time.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #7
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can only add that they are very accurate and absolutely idiot proof. Please don't ask me about that last part, just trust me....they are.

There is no guessing like you have with those bar display types.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Back in March of 2009 I started a thread on my install of a Digital Meter. This was before it became a good staple to have. (Tapping self on shoulder.)
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...installed.html

I've attached the link if you want to check it out but I can save you tons of time... The meters I installed, (notice meters in the plural,) never worked for a very long time and are definitely NOT waterproof. I sealed them, covered them but moisture still will get in. The meters that Scotty sells, (I have that meter NOW,) is the BEST, easiest to install meter you'll fine and the best news is that it will be the ONLY one you'll need to purchase and install.

I hope that I answered your question.

Save yourself time and money and just do it right the first time.
I just read your little Saga on your first round of meters. What a PITA that must have been dealing with Mr Wong. But...looks like you are a trend setter. Now everyone has to have one.

I cannot over state how great it is having this thing installed.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just a note on the 50V blue meter.
Unfortunately a 48v charger shut off voltage is 58-63v and a fully charged pack is 50.1v.
This meter will blow above 50v.
Trust me, I'm not a color nazi, there just is not a blue meter which is as good a the little red one. But there are blue meters on eBay like Scubbabud says.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car