lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 CC DS slow

I have a 93 Club Car DS controller cart. This thing is SLOW. Replaced controller, adjusted linkage on throttle, step potentiometer reaches top pad, 2010 batteries with each battery 6.3v total pack 38.4v. STILL SLOW I am talking 3mph top speed flat ground. Could the motor be going out. I thought motors either worked or didn't, not getting slower. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
stewyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 93 CC DS slow

are you sure brakes arn,t hanging up? all i can say is i have never seen a motor go bad like that............have you load tested the batteries?.....i would jack the rear up and slowly press the pedal and watch tires see if i can tell if they are spinning faster or if its stuck at like one speed............the only other thing that comes to mind and its something i never beleived until i saw it and have only saw it 2 times is the solenoid going bad......yeah yeah i know.......if you can grab a solenoid and try swapping just for the heck of it..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Jack up rear end of vehicle and see if both wheels spin easily by hand, with very little drag . . . brake shoes should engage drum, but not grab until pedal depressed . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

OK jacked up the rear end everything turns real easy, no brake lag. I did notice that most differentials one wheel turns forward and the other turn backwards, this one would not do it really easy. also while on jack stands i reved the piss out of it, whereaz most motors would rev to the moon then blow apart this one would go as if you put the throttle half way. Also checked the solenoid and the battery side has 38.5 volts and the controller side has a constant 37.5 but as you push the throttle the solenoid clicks but no voltage increase. dont have another solenoid right now to check but will do that soon. any more suggestion and i will try them.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

ok still at this thing. replaced solenoid and still goes slow. replaced motor and still goes slow. tested controller and put red wire on B+ and black wire on M- only getting 19 volts at full throttle. if I put black on B- and red on B+ and go to full throttle it goes to 39 volts and slowly leaks down in .01 increments untill it gets to 0 and back to 39 volts at full throttle. M- and B+ go from 0 to 19 very rapid. is this normal?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car