lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: club car villager 8 after lift kit driver's side brake cable to short

Problem resolved. After switching the backing plates and the drivers side cable was still short, I took a piece of brown paper and traced the holes in the existing rear brake cable plate. I then took a piece of 1.5" x 1.5" x .25" angle stock and cut it out and made a new longer bracket. I mounted it .75" to the rear of the existing bracket and it worked fine. I was then able to switch the backing plates back to their original place. Thanks for all the suggestions.
jmarkklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
redberanclubcar
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: club car villager 8 after lift kit driver's side brake cable to short

How do you get the backing plates off?

I just lifted my Precedent 6 inches and the drivers side cable is real tight, and I was going to swap them like everyone suggested....it looks like you need to pull the axles , but whats involved in that?
redberanclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #13
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberanclubcar View Post

I just lifted my Precedent 6 inches and the drivers side cable is real tight, and I was going to swap them like everyone suggested....it looks like you need to pull the axles , but whats involved in that?

On my villager 8 (DS), after the Jake's lift kit, the backing plates are on the very bottom,under the axle. Take the two nuts off the U bolt. I do not know about the Precedent.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberanclubcar View Post

If you are talking about the backing plates for the brake system, yes you need to pull the axles . . . I assume they (axles) are held in like on the DS, with an internal snap ring behind the axle assembly where they slide into the axle tubes . . need good pair of 90 degree snap ring pliers . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #15
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
If you are talking about the backing plates for the brake system, yes you need to pull the axles . . . I assume they (axles) are held in like on the DS, with an internal snap ring behind the axle assembly where they slide into the axle tubes . . need good pair of 90 degree snap ring pliers . .
Oh, the backing plates for the drums. I'm an idiot. I thought you guys were talking about the bottom U bolt plates. duh! sorry for the confusion. I guess that why switching them did not work
Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkklock View Post
Oh, the backing plates for the drums. I'm an idiot. I thought you guys were talking about the bottom U bolt plates. duh! sorry for the confusion. I guess that why switching them did not work
. . the part you are talking about is called the "shock mounting bracket" or something like that, I believe . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake cable, club car, ds model, lift, too short
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car