lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
Edwardlmcc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 06 Club Car Brake problem.

I more reading on this and found something that makes me believe that the stud in the picture is what the brakes are adjusted by, I can't see into it enough to find out what type of tool and size I need to use, Do you know anything about this or maybe someone else who might read this does. TIA

Wednesday, April 11, 2012-M.jpg
Edwardlmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #12
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check this post out it might have some useful information.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ng-brakes.html

Hang in there you will get it.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardlmcc View Post
I more reading on this and found something that makes me believe that the stud in the picture is what the brakes are adjusted by, I can't see into it enough to find out what type of tool and size I need to use, Do you know anything about this or maybe someone else who might read this does. TIA

Attachment 65197

Start reading from page 6-1 here:

Attachment 65218

It is a Carryall Service Manual, but the brake section is informative and pertinent . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
Edwardlmcc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Steve, Great, this clears up several things mainly where the pins are located, I was looking near the top at the recessed spot , thats why I said I didn't have a way to do it.
I'll have some time later today to get to it.
Thank you so much for the help.
I'll let you know how it come out.

Edward
Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Steve, Great, this clears up several things mainly where the pins are located, I was looking near the top at the recessed spot , thats why I said I didn't have a way to do it.
I'll have some time later today to get to it.
Thank you so much for the help.
I'll let you know how it come out.

Edward
. . .
Old 04-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Edwardlmcc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Steve, Most of my problems have been because of not being familiar with this thing. Thanks to you for provoding me with the information to make up for that lack of knowledge.
I cut the pin heads off as you suggested and it was still on tight but now I was able to pull the drum off and the shoes part of the way off, and as you said and I suspected, the drum was damaged. So, great Thanks for your help, now that I have it all apart it is time to decide if I want to repair or maybe upgrade to disc brakes. So I'll spend a day or so checking prices to see if it will be worth the extra cost.
I will keep you up to date on this project.
Thanks,
Edward

P.S. BTW the left side was a little tight but came off with a little tugging and the drum is in good shape.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Steve, Most of my problems have been because of not being familiar with this thing. Thanks to you for provoding me with the information to make up for that lack of knowledge.
I cut the pin heads off as you suggested and it was still on tight but now I was able to pull the drum off and the shoes part of the way off, and as you said and I suspected, the drum was damaged. So, great Thanks for your help, now that I have it all apart it is time to decide if I want to repair or maybe upgrade to disc brakes. So I'll spend a day or so checking prices to see if it will be worth the extra cost.
I will keep you up to date on this project.
Thanks,
Edward

P.S. BTW the left side was a little tight but came off with a little tugging and the drum is in good shape.
. . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car