lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
ridged43
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 DS 36V Stopped and Won't Go

2004 DS 36V resistor cart. Batteries are equal at 6.3 volts. Pack voltage at 37.4 volts. Kid was riding cart and it stopped while riding. Don't see any broken wires or loose wires. Key switch seems ok with ohm meter.

I can jump across the 36V terminals on the solenoid and the cart will run in forward and reverse. Do I have a bad solenoid or am I missing something else?
I can hear solenoid click when I depress accelerator with key on but cart won't move unless I jump across the 36V terminals.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
ridged43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 DS 36V Stopped and Won't Go

Yes, most likely you have a bad solenoid....replace it with a constant duty golf cart solenoid rated for 36v.
They come in many sizes ... 70a works okay for stock carts on flat ground and 200a works well for 85% of the rest of the carts.
Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
ridged43
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes, most likely you have a bad solenoid....replace it with a constant duty golf cart solenoid rated for 36v.
They come in many sizes ... 70a works okay for stock carts on flat ground and 200a works well for 85% of the rest of the carts.
Hope this helps.
Hey Scotty thanks for the reply. I replaced the solenoid about 6 months ago because one of the terminals melted out of the plastic. I bought the standard CC original part number solenoid. Where might I look for the heavy duty solenoids? It is a stock cart on flat ground. Also, does this series cart have an MCOR? I searched all over the accelerator pedal and linkage and coundn't find one. The linkage goes into the side of the V-Glide best I can tell.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
ridged43
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Hope this helps.
I replaced the solenoid today and same results, cart won't move. Found the micro switch on the F/R that powers the coil on the solenoid was bad. Jumped the micro switch out and still nothing. I'm baffled at this point. Pack voltage at 36.7

Any help or suggestions are welcome. 2004 DS 36Volt (IR)
Old 04-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is one more micro switch in the V-glide in that cart .... have you looked at it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
ridged43
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
There is one more micro switch in the V-glide in that cart .... have you looked at it?
No I haven't. I didn't realize there was another one. I assume if I pull the VGlide cover I'll see it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car