lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
hhh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Roof mounted solar panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo2012 View Post
not enough voltage and the type is not the Monocrystalline.
47v is plenty for s 36v cart. Who cares what it is made of, as long as the wattage is enough, size will fit and it's cheap. At $1.18 per watt for a 235 watt panel you'd be hard pressed to find something cheaper.
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
Jimbo2012
Gone Wild

Ok you go with it, let us know how it works out ....
Jimbo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #23
ern88
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ya let me know as well. Give us a price on the gear and where you bought it buddy!!!

ern88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
spock_79
Not Yet Wild

Star

Hi all. You are right about the flexible panels. These panels had a big share on the solar golf cart market about two years ago due to a "good" marketing campaign but people soon realized that they don't have enough power. One thing you have to make sure before you buy any solar system is a) the weight of the panel and dimensions. You can't put something heavy on a plastic roof top and expect it to hold. Also as the years go buy the plastic gets degraded and it's easier to snap and fall on your head. b) Buy a good controller. The controller should be intelligent enough to stop charging the batteries when they are full and also not discharge them when there is no sun (feedback to the solar panel). I would recommend a controller with MPPT technology. I'm dealing with solar panels roof tops for the last couple years and been through a lot of R&D and ups and downs of this business. If you don't do it right and try to go cheap on it, you won't get anything out of it.
Also when we talk about the price of a charge you should take under consideration the charging efficiency of the charger. If the batteries are 8kwh that doesn't mean you will use 8kwh or electricity to charge them. Charging efficiency is waaaay waaaay lower. See how many amps your chargers uses to charge the batteries and then multiply it for the amount of hours you have that plugged in. Typical chargers draw full amps the first hour or so and then drop down for the rest of the charge.

I represent Helios solar chargers and I would appreciate any questions and comments. That would help us make our products better.
Good luck with your project!
-Giovanni
spock_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #25
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock_79 View Post
Hi all. You are right about the flexible panels. These panels had a big share on the solar golf cart market about two years ago due to a "good" marketing campaign but people soon realized that they don't have enough power. One thing you have to make sure before you buy any solar system is a) the weight of the panel and dimensions. You can't put something heavy on a plastic roof top and expect it to hold. Also as the years go buy the plastic gets degraded and it's easier to snap and fall on your head. b) Buy a good controller. The controller should be intelligent enough to stop charging the batteries when they are full and also not discharge them when there is no sun (feedback to the solar panel). I would recommend a controller with MPPT technology. I'm dealing with solar panels roof tops for the last couple years and been through a lot of R&D and ups and downs of this business. If you don't do it right and try to go cheap on it, you won't get anything out of it.
Also when we talk about the price of a charge you should take under consideration the charging efficiency of the charger. If the batteries are 8kwh that doesn't mean you will use 8kwh or electricity to charge them. Charging efficiency is waaaay waaaay lower. See how many amps your chargers uses to charge the batteries and then multiply it for the amount of hours you have that plugged in. Typical chargers draw full amps the first hour or so and then drop down for the rest of the charge.

I represent Helios solar chargers and I would appreciate any questions and comments. That would help us make our products better.
Good luck with your project!
-Giovanni

wow . . . want to be a site sponsor . . ???
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #26
spock_79
Not Yet Wild

Star

Steve what do you have in mind? giovanni@helioschargers.com
Old 04-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock_79 View Post
Steve what do you have in mind? giovanni@helioschargers.com
Send email to: admanager@buggiesgonewild.com and get info for an ad like below:

Site Sponsors
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #28
spock_79
Not Yet Wild

Star

Thank you Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car