lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
flyguy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default No Serial Number

Just bought a used Club Car cart from an estate sale and I'm trying to get the serial number from it. I found the only number tag on the entire cart but it is not usable on the Club Car website because it does not contain the required amount of digits. The only numbers that I can find are on the passenger side on the dash under the glovebox. If I may post this number it's AC91762. I'm guessing that it's a 1991 model year and from this site I found that the AC would mean DS Electric Golf Car, 48 Volt Regen but this is a 36v (6 batterys) and not a 48v system. I need the owners manual but the Club Car site won't allow a download without the 12 or 13 number serial. Any comments?
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
2a27t
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: No Serial Number

The serial /VIN number has to be on the frame, by law. Check there.
2a27t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

There may also be a VIN behind the keyswitch faceplate . . . disconnect your batteries, the faceplate has a screw on each side . . should be another VIN sticker attached to frame behind faceplate on right side visible when faceplate removed . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
rib33024

It can still be 48v with 6 batteries, ?? 6x8v =48 how many fill holes are on the batteries??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
flyguy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Each battery has 3 fill holes so I assume that they are 6v batteries. I have looked all over the frame and no serial can be found. I will see about behind the face plate of the key switch. Hope I haven't bought a pig in a poke!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
flyguy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I took the key face plate apart looking to see if the serial # was behind it, nope no luck. The key board includes a meter for the battery charge state.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
I took the key face plate apart looking to see if the serial # was behind it, nope no luck. The key board includes a meter for the battery charge state.
. . bummer. . . only other place I have it on my cart is on top of the bottom frame member in the rear area near motor on the passenger side . . I noticed it there when I had my body shells off . . .
Old 04-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
2a27t
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Here is more info on finding it.
Quote:
Club Car Serial Numbers - Plaza Golf Cart Sales

On Club Car Golf Carts prior to 1981, you can find the serial number ... frame section closest to the batteries on the driver's side of the car. If the serial number ...
http://www.plazagolfcartsales.com/​C...;20Numbers.htm
They have a phone number to call also. Phone 334-289-5891
2a27t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

The one thing about the serial number you posted, AC91762, is unusual . . the first set of number for CC are normally 6 letter/digit combinations like they show on the CC site . . . try this, from their site:

"Note: If you cannot find a serial number plaque contact Club Car with the serial number from the transaxle, electric motor or gas engine. Utilizing that information we can assist you with identifying the serial number of your vehicle."

CC Phone: 1-800-Club Car
Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
flyguy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
The one thing about the serial number you posted, AC91762, is unusual . . the first set of number for CC are normally 6 letter/digit combinations like they show on the CC site . . . try this, from their site:

"Note: If you cannot find a serial number plaque contact Club Car with the serial number from the transaxle, electric motor or gas engine. Utilizing that information we can assist you with identifying the serial number of your vehicle."

CC Phone: 1-800-Club Car
Thanks, I'll give them a call with that info and see what they can find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car