lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
polkerman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 97 club car eletric powerdrive 48 volt

I have 1997 club golf cart . The batteries are fully charged . When i push the pedal i can hear the seliniod click but the cart wont go. The same thing happens in forward or reverse.You can hear the seliniod kicking out. Replaced the siliniod and had the same results . Replaced the obc and same thing. Not sure what to try now. The charger works and charges the batteries. I unhooked the batteries for the winter and hooked them this spring and cart worked fine for a couple days and it quit working again. Any ideas?The serial number on them is A9726-581042 .It has no tow run switch. There is no yellow wire going to seliniod. Even after charging and testing that batteries have 53 volts the battery light on dash will come on. the light is red. All conections are clean and tight. HELP.
polkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 club car eletric powerdrive 48 volt

The red light on the dash is an OBC fault code. The new one should have had an orange light? This may be an unrelated problem...... but it won't keep the cart from running if the new solenoid is clicking.
The solenoid activation circuit is working which eliminates all the micro switches from the equation. I would check and see if you are getting + power to the controller small wire pin #1 when you try to go?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
polkerman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 97 club car eletric powerdrive 48 volt

I didnt replace the battery sensor is it important?
polkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car