lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
locoagogo
Not Yet Wild

Default Under Water in FLOOD! Where do I start?

My 91 Club Car was under water in the NE floods last August and it sat all winter. Today I cleaned all the connections and tested the batteries, all good. It won't budge. Please Help! Easiest and Cheapest suggestions first.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1625.jpg (28.6 KB, 0 views)
locoagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
ern88
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Under Water in FLOOD! Where do I start?

How is the motor? Is anything inside damaged?
ern88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
locoagogo
Not Yet Wild

I don't know about the motor. This will be my first venture into the inner workings of an electric golf cart. Is here a simple way of testing it to see if there's damage.

When I hit the pedal to go all I get is a click.

I was kinda of hoping for some magical fuse!
locoagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I can almost guarantee you that the batteries are not OK, nor will be the controller. How are you testing the batteries? You need an actual load test to determine if they are useable. A submerged controller will most likely have water in it. The motor may be Ok, it should be disassembled and cleaned and the end bearing replaced. The solenoid will probably need to be replaced too. Even though " sealed " units, if submerged in cold water a vacuum is created that will draw in water! The rear axle assembly will need to be drained ( and flushed ) if the water was silty. You've got a bit of work ahead of you on this cart!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I can almost guarantee you that the batteries are not OK, nor will be the controller. How are you testing the batteries? You need an actual load test to determine if they are useable. A submerged controller will most likely have water in it. The motor may be Ok, it should be disassembled and cleaned and the end bearing replaced. The solenoid will probably need to be replaced too. Even though " sealed " units, if submerged in cold water a vacuum is created that will draw in water! The rear axle assembly will need to be drained ( and flushed ) if the water was silty. You've got a bit of work ahead of you on this cart!
1st off what year?...............
i agree if these batteries were under water for a period of time they really need to be tested one at a time carefully, as for controller its possible its still good just needs to be completey dried out but depending on how long it was under water it to could be bad...........motor needs taken apart and if your not filmilar with golf carts i suggest you at the very least buy the service manual for it...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Do a search on CCjohn and his IKE cart, he said he would not do a flood cart again.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car