lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
QIND1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Help, non response peddle, sometimes

Need some help, racking my brain to figure solution. Have o3 modified ds IQ running DD 502-002 , 600 alltrax. Wiring has all been checked and rechecked. New Trojans, new welding cable, running 8 6v's 1000 amp solenoid, , plenty of power and speed. Had typical issue with alltrax not seeing full throttle. Ohm was like 6.04 and floored 1.025. Alltrax made new programs and getting 100 percent output and orange light . Ramp up rate is 15 , ramp down is 3 I believe. Linkage on throttle is fine and mocar seems fine except not seeing full voltage of the 4.65 as in test procedure. Cart runs great,.... However! I have issue sometimes with peddle response. Reverse seems fine switch to forward and sometimes hit peddle and cart does nothing. Floored peddle nothing. Seems more often on slight hill, where should hit peddle and go .....and can smack peddle to take off and nothing. Have foot on brake and I've hit peddle.... sometimes takes off sometimes nothing. Reverse no issues. On old series cart you could have it in reverse and want to help pop wheelie and still be kind of coasting slighty in reverse slam it in forward and mash go peddle and it would take off. This one will not do that at all dead peddle. Is this just nature of the IQ. ( have to believe not) just can not figure out what's not seeing imput. Hope someone has similar set up and experienced same issue. Runs so good but frustrated in this seemingly stall condition (even though it's not stalled)
No issues once going ...on and off throttle and goes great. Just some weird ghost. But it's annoying. Hoping hook laptop up when it does it and maybe see something ( or nothing) that will give clue what's happening. Any help guys?
QIND1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help, non response peddle, sometimes

Where do you have your brake current set on that controller. If it is put down to ZERO, you will not be able to go forward on hills....if it senses any reverse movement, the forward gets disabled by the controller. Factory settings is 65%, but I have mine down on 20% and seems to work good.

Also, the uprate seems a bit high. With an uprate like that you should be popping wheelies!! Rule of thumb is to have the down rate 2x that of the uprate. That is an Alltrax suggestion.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
QIND1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, was set with 7 on Down rate and 15 on up rate. Zero on the regen braking since the motor swap and not wanting to use current for braking. Set down rate from zero to 14 and no improvement with dead peddle effect (when stopped on hill.) Even holding brake and giving throttle on hill it will still seemingly dead peddle.

Now, I changed the braking from zero and started to gradually increase all the way to 60 percent. For some reason, the cart on a hill did not have near the issue. I could even allow it to slightly start rolling backwards and it would allow peddle response as it should.

The issue is only on any incline and only in forward. Cart runs great on flat and climbs hills great. Problem exists when stopped on incline and then go to stab throttle...... or any roll backwards and go to stab throttle on incline. Peddle is dead....you can even let off and stab throttle again and nothing.

Do not want to leave the braking function activated and assume there is something else not working correctly?? Ideas given latest morning test?
QIND1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

I work on these carts daily, and talk with Alltrax to help troubleshoot issues. If you put the controller on ZERO, you will not be able to take off with the cart sitting on an uphill incline. It will not move. You have to have some braking activated to be able to climb a hill from a stand still position. Don't know why, but maybe you can call Alltrax and ask them.

One other thing too, you can call D&D motors for a better hex file. They have a file #57 that works well with the setup you have. In fact, D&D and Alltrax don't see eye to eye on that setup. I run the #57 in mine and love it. Seems smoother. It isn't related to your issue with no pedal on hills....that is the ZERO braking in the progrmming...#57 is just a smoother program. PM me if you want me to email you a copy of it.

Last edited by DJBlade; 04-28-2012 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: additional info
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car