lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: electrical probs

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddyno1 View Post
Talked to dealer about the 48v to frame they said the frames have just have a charge.

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #12
catdaddyno1
Not Yet Wild

we went out and tested one of the club cars that he had and it had voltage when the neg lead of the voltmeter is on the neg of the battery and pos lead on the frame. I didn't think that was right either but I'm no expert, not saying he was either. I have been shocked by it but I was grounded to the battery

it runs fine but I'll look to see if the frame is rubbing a wire or something. One more thing about the voltage on the frame. It would change depending on which battery neg post I put the neg lead on. I would get 4v if I used the first battery in the series and on the second it would be like 11v, on the next 20v and so on until the last battery and it would be 48v. Let me remind you that when I get these readings my pos and neg cables are not connected to the batteries.
catdaddyno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what does the battery tray look like? it could be the batteries just sitting there iof theres a nasty build up on tray................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
catdaddyno1
Not Yet Wild

yeah i hosed off the buildup around the bottom of the batteries didn't test the frame again but gonna pull the batteries out and clean it off good should i paint it or just put down rubber matt to set them on?
catdaddyno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you can get that rubberized paint thats the way to go..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car