lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller BAd, what else might be?

I have a year 2000 club car DS electric cart. Controller is an Axe Alltrax 400 AMP. Cart been running great day before, then today, depress pedal, and just a click noise and nothing else.

Pull back panel off and see that controller LED is not lit, pretty sure controller is fried, already ordered a new one. Tested some different connections, getting 50 volts from battery pack. With key on or off (pedal not depressed) I get 50 volts on the battery side of the large connector on the solenoid and 48 volt on the controller side and 48 volt from load terminals at controller. Is this normal? Is there always power to the solenoid's large poles regardless of if the key is on or not?

I just do not want to hook up a new controller if I have another problem that will fry the new one. Thanks for any input.
Plasterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Controller BAd, what else might be?

I think I will try to answer my own question.

I think the solenoid is bad and stuck in a closed position and thus frying my controller.

That is my guess.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i don,t know that the solenoid would fry the controller it shouldn,t.......keep in mind even a clicking solenoid can be bad it happens all the time...................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No LED indicates the controller's circuit board is not getting power. Check for power between B- and pin #1 on the controller when the peddle is push and the solenoid clicks.

No power?
That's the problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

I could check that, but i thing the solenoid is stuck in full close position and that's why voltage reads 48 on the large pole on the controller side even when the key is off, right? Isn't that terminal supposed to be switched and engaged only when key is on and pedal depressed?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

Ok, used the cart with the new controller a few times and it works well, however, occasionallly I wiill press the accelerator pedal and it clicks but stands still. A few more preses on the pedal and it will go. I am thinking just maybe this controler has some problems, what do you think. All connections are tight.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Maybe, but I think you have not found the real problem yet, I would check to see when the cart does not take off right away to see if the LED is coming on, if it is not then your problem is outside of the controller.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #8
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
No LED indicates the controller's circuit board is not getting power. Check for power between B- and pin #1 on the controller when the peddle is push and the solenoid clicks.

No power?
That's the problem.
i think scottys on to something,,,,,, no led? check wiring to controller and make sure power and grounds are all good. could be a simple loose connection
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

Yea, I think that is the best way to eliminate if it is the controller or not, if led comes on and cart does not move most likely the controller, right? Remember, this is a brand new alltrax and it is only intermittent problem now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car