lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
JWS
Not Yet Wild

Default low speed

Hello everyone,
This is my first visit,i work in maintenance for a resort in Antigua & Barbuda,only opened about two months now, but already having major problems with carts bought from china.within two weeks we had suspension failure, struts breaking,u-clamps snapping etc and these are on-going problems we face, because these carts are extremely weak.but the real hard one for me is the electrical problems, for we have no info on these carts, and i was told that the people we buy from has none either they just build. these are 48v, electronic foot pedal, sepex dc motor controller ,one cart only goes about 5mph and there is a buzzing sound from the controller when the key switch is on,also a heavy tug from motor when the switch is turned off almost as if it is still engaged in forward or reverse and i have no idea what to do, welcome any help,thank you.
JWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: low speed

WELCOME TO BGW ITS A GREAT FORUM YOU WILL GET ALL YOUR HELP HERE
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

abc
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
for we have no info on these carts, and i was told that the people we buy from has none either they just build.

actually they just buy and resell them to you...... what type of car is it?
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

abc
Old 12-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

More than likely the electrical is cloned from a late model ezgo. Get some pics of the electrical components and "MAYBE" we can help. The steel components failing...well...china produces the crappiest steel the world has ever seen. I would do a DAILY inspection of the critical areas of fatigue and document it all.

Do they have any kind of warrantee?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

abc
Old 12-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I can almost guarantee no one will stand behind it. I ran into an ordeal with those chinese made mini-crotch rockets. No one will own up to anything and people will just keep passing the blame off to someone else.

JWS...post as much info as you can on them. Pictures will probly be most helpful.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
JWS
Not Yet Wild

ok, i am responsible for maintenance,and management is up to date on all problems,but as far as they are concerned they don't have a problem as long as i keep them running,sorry about the lack of info will post some tomorrow.guess they will only stop buying them if someone gets seriously hurt,but for now when informed they mumble stuff about chinese tech and thats about it.
JWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
roady89
nimda
Club Car

We will do our best to help you with them.

The one that runs slow...my best guess as of right now is somethg is hooked up wrong. ( I hate to say the controller is bad) If it were me I would pick one that is running ok and compare the wiring with the one that is running slow and go from there. Like I said...I would bet its cloned from an ezgo sep-ex cart...if not its gonna be pretty close.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts