lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #11
Nate
Gone Wild

Default Re: Juice up a bad boy

I talked to a friend tonight and he has never broken and EZ-GO hub but pays special attention to the amount of torque placed on the hubs.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #12
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Are they talking about the front hubs or rear. Like a truck in four wheel drive you don't want the front wheels in a hard turn and punch it it will snap it most of the time. I wonder!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #13
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

i've seen the axles on Bad boys break, not on ez-gos.. they may be using different quality steel..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
www3rd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I had one came here with stripped axles on carrier end but they were doin wheelies with 3 fat people on it. abuse,, it was 05 ez-go with 20mph mtr and 400 controller
I run 650 with high speed mtr and big tires and pull 3400 lb tlr and been lucky so far runs around 33 unloaded.
www3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #15
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Please consider this - ALL golf carts were designed to be used on a GOLF COURSE with stock parts, hauling no more than 2 people and 2 sets of clubs! Yes, EZGO electric carts have smaller axles than gas models and do tend to snap if you add wheel spacers or start hitting free style ramps. From our service department, the biggest cause of rear axle damage is improper maintenance and installation from garage mechanic's - FYI - If you decide to pull off your brake drums, the torque setting for the castle nut is 85 ft lbs. Never back off the nut to replace the cotter key. If you're running extra voltage, then checking the rear end ought to be as important as an oil change to a gasser.

My 2 cents...

PS Bad Boy Buggies are no longer built on EZGO chassis - - I think the're Chinese built now...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts