lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
crvaughn
Not Yet Wild

Default Finally got cart running

Well I started my project about 2 years ago and finally have a running cart. It was great to get it fired up. It's been on again off again, i basically started with a cnmplete basket case. The crank was shot and the top end of the motor was off and it had been sitting outside. After completely tearing engine apart and having the crank rebuilt at a snowmobile shop i got it running finally. Painted all the frame and everything too. I have a couple questions for you guys. It is leaking gas out of somewhere. It looks like the spot where the carb meets the engine, i remember when i was putting it together that i thought there should be a gasket between there because it was two metal plates pressing up against one another (at least thats how i remember it). Am i missing a gasket or is a carb problem where it's not atomizing the fuel like it should be?
Next question, i've tried to order a new belt, twice. The first one was wrong cause it was way to big and wide. The second seemed close but i noticed it was a little wider than the one i had, didn't think much of it because thought the old one might just be worn down. Well it keeps jumping off the driven clutch. I haven't been able to get up to speed cause the body it still off and i'm just putzing around while sitting on the floorboard! So do i have the wrong belt or do new belts need to be broken in or something? THanks again for any replies. Hope to get body painted by a local body shop and have a rel head turner at the course.
PS i'm also very interested in a canopy if anyone has one, i know everyone is looking but thought i'd ask.........

Also how do i post pictures? do you have to use photo bucket? Cause i'm not doing it if thats the case......
crvaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Finally got cart running

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvaughn View Post
Also how do i post pictures? do you have to use photo bucket? Cause i'm not doing it if thats the case......
I can't stand Photobucket now-a-days!

Unforgiven did a nice write up on how to add attachments,

Post 78 & 79 in this thread... >>> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/test-...g-101-a-8.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #3
crvaughn
Not Yet Wild

A few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (161.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 200.jpg (160.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 187.jpg (148.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
Freckles
Gone Wild

Love the engine colors. Its going to be nice. Are those rims or hub caps?
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #5
crvaughn
Not Yet Wild

The rear ones are rims, I have hub caps on either side of the front wheel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson