lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Renew/Protect Product

Does anyone have any experience with the renew/protect products at renewprotect.com. I've watched several of their videos and looks like they work pretty well. Looking for the best way to renew light fading on black trim, floor mats. Also shine up the body. Also to clear up scratches in windshield. Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
JimBouchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #2
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default re: Renew/Protect Product

I use mothers back to black and it works well for me. My cart was severely neglected and several pieces we had to use a toothbrush and 2 applications but upon finishing it looked perfect. It is easily accessible at your parts store and is moderately priced.
sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:36 PM   #3
milspec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

For black trim and rubber items I have to agree with sunnydays...Back to Black is the best stuff I have used. I've been using it for years on all my cars, including show cars, works great!

And also, don't get discouraged if it doesn't look new the first application(if it is faded pretty bad)...apply a couple days in a row and it will get better looking each time till it looks like new.
milspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBouchie View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the renew/protect products at renewprotect.com. I've watched several of their videos and looks like they work pretty well. Looking for the best way to renew light fading on black trim, floor mats. Also shine up the body. Also to clear up scratches in windshield. Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
The Blak works great on all of the black plactic trim, brake and accel pedals, fubber floor mat, steering wheel. It is not slippery. Most all automotive plastic trim products cannot be used on the pedals and mats because they contain silicone. See attached photo of the bagwell on a Precedent. This is one cost and I took the picture. When the plastic is this bad, you may need a recoat in six months but after that maybe once a year for quick touch up. You can do about 5 Precedents that look this bad with one bottle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trim Restore BLAK.jpg (208.6 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I have used Back to Black for years, I know there is a lot of things out on the market now, just like PE3 uses, so see whats available in your area and compare costs. I can assure you, an established name will generally do what the product states, unlike some internet scams you see come and go.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Renew/Protect Product

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
The Blak works great on all of the black plactic trim, brake and accel pedals, fubber floor mat, steering wheel.
Are you talking about the Back to Black like mentioned above?
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Wipe New
You may need two coats on the first time, but it will last anywhere from 6 months to several years depending on how much sun exposure your cart gets.
For windshield scratches try buffing/polishing with something like 3M headlight lens / clear plastic polish.

The cart body can be polished with any regular car wax. Do not use abrasive waxes or "cleaner" waxes because they will eventually rub through the thin finish layer on the body.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:48 PM   #8
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post

No, it’s called “Blak”. It’s the best stuff I’ve found so far. Better than mother’s. Lasts forever, doesn’t rinse off and isn’t slippery. On my car I put it on my tires every 6 months and they are always black as coal.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #9
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
This is the stuff- it's called BLAK.

https://www.amazon.com/BLAK-PERMANEN...rds=BLAK&psc=1
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #10
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thanks, guys! Just ordered it - can't wait to try it.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car