lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #1
Littleg15uk
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 1992 par car finally running BUT>>>>>>>

So after many months of covid isolation i finally got the HEI ignition all fitted. it runs great if you gas it, however its jerky and put puts if you try to run it slowly. I tried adjusting the points to advance and retard the timing which made no difference, I increased the idle speed of the engine on the carb and that made no difference, I tried adjusting when the throttle actuator trips the micro switch, what am I missing?
OR is it just because its a 2 stroke, I had jet skis that kinda put put at low revs, a chainsaw kinda put puts at low revs, am I just expecting too much?
Thanks
Littleg15uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2020, 08:18 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1992 par car finally running BUT>>>>>>>

The point plate adjustment won't have much effect as your HEI requires very little adjustment.

It actually sounds like you may have a carb issue. Did you do any carb work on that? Jet cleaning, etc? You may want to pop a new carb on there. You can get aftermarket ones fairly cheap. The quality on the aftermarket ones isn't near as good as OEM but if your OEM carb isn't working right it might be worth a try.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
Littleg15uk
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

It had a cheap chinese junk thing on it but I did pick up the correct new old stock Walbro on ebay which is already on it. I assumed being new it would be ok. It smelt like it was running rich so I backed out the mixture screw which did help but only to the point where it made no further difference, running out of ideas here........
Old 06-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
Littleg15uk
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Given the carb has been sitting on someones shelf for who knows how long, is it worth stripping down, is there anything in particular that may have perished without being exposed to gas?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar