lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #11
PAPA SMURF
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ok....i am stumped for sure....wiring problems i presume

ok....scotty....i did that...and nothing...but it does have power coming thru there now...but i pushed the pedal with this cart sitting on jack stands...and it is getting hot...i have several wires on top of my curtis controler small wire with i think 5 plugs on it..and none of these wires have any current coming out of them either....is this normal?
PAPA SMURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #12
PAPA SMURF
Not Yet Wild

ok after further checking ...i have no current going thru the micro switch on the pedal...and there is no current in the red wire at the solenoid...
Old 11-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #13
CaptainPete
Getting Wild

Dumb question, did you take pictures before to make sure everything was installed the same.
CaptainPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #14
PAPA SMURF
Not Yet Wild

the only thing that was took loose before this was the hot and ground side of the batteries....all the rest is still connected just like it was...
Old 11-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Maybe you have reversed the + and - ? lets see pics of the install. That would explain the reed switch melt down.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #16
PAPA SMURF
Not Yet Wild

i dont know how to down load pictures here ...i tried to this morning. but could not figure it out...not computer savy..
...but the B+ goes to the right side of the solenoid.....with the lil black wire on the small post beside it...then on the other side....there is a red wire that goes to the comptroller and one that goes foward to pedal or selector....then on the left side the big wire B- goes to the comtroller..... middle post on controller.....this is looking from front to back...with diodes on both post small and large
i will try and figure out how to get some pictures of it....for sure
Old 11-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #17
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPA SMURF View Post
ok after further checking ...i have no current going thru the micro switch on the pedal...and there is no current in the red wire at the solenoid...

No power in the activation circuit is part of the problem. You have checked and bypassed the reed switch, now make sure voltage goes through the forward micro switch, then pedal switch, key switch, solenoid. You have said you have no voltage to the pedal switch, so I would back up to the forward micro switch and make sure it has power going through it.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #18
PAPA SMURF
Not Yet Wild

..scotty..ok here is something i have found....i went to bennets website...and found my wiring diagram...and was looking and it says the diode that is on the solenoid has to turn a certain way...and mine was backwards....upon taking it off....i found it was cracked across the back...could this have been my problem when i changed the solenoids out...and put this diode on backwards...would it have caused this problem now....
and if so i know nothing about diodes....do this one need to be replace as well as the micro switch..
Old 11-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #19
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That may have taken out your switch. You should get a new diode and put it on the right way.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #20
PAPA SMURF
Not Yet Wild

i will but now it is a bigger problem.....comtroller is history.....so i guess she can wait until spring....thanks guys...

Tags
1999 ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO