lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #21
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=PAPA SMURF;1219350]..scotty..ok here is something i have found....i went to bennets website...and found my wiring diagram...and was looking and it says the diode that is on the solenoid has to turn a certain way...and mine was backwards....upon taking it off....i found it was cracked across the back...could this have been my problem when i changed the solenoids out...and put this diode on backwards...would it have caused this problem now....
and if so i know nothing about diodes....do this one need to be replace as well as the micro switch..[/QUOTe

A shorted diode usually takes out the pedal switch kinda like a fuse. Replace them both and remember the strip on the diode goes to the positive side. The diode is not required to run, but is a good idea to keep on there. I have done the same exact thing.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #22
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPA SMURF View Post
i will but now it is a bigger problem.....comtroller is history.....so i guess she can wait until spring....thanks guys...

How do you know the controller history?
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #23
PAPA SMURF
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ok....i am stumped for sure....wiring problems i presume

OK.....I changed out the diode and controller.....and still have nothing.....i am thinking now that the pedal micro switch is bad again...due to i checked the circuit there....has 37 volts on one leg and nothing on the other even with the pedal pressed...so i guess i will try the switch on Monday...this thing has drove and ole man crazy for a while....even tho it has been all winter sitting ....the thoughts have not quit coming...and my wife is ready for her yard buggy back....it is spring time and she has to have it to play in her flower beds and yard....
PAPA SMURF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1999 ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO