lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Prospective buyer...

Can you please do me a quick favor and point me in the direction of the best EZ-GO model. Maybe least problems, if any, easiest to upgrade, if any.

For instance I found an 07 TXT for sale. I remember something about that being referred to as a Series cart. Upgrade controller, wire, and something else to get good torque... Not necessarily speed with bigger tires.

Please excuse the questions... As I'm sure I'm the 1000th person to do this seach.
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Prospective buyer...

What do you want out of the cart? Rear seat, speed, torque, paved, gravel, sand, mud driving? Distance per day? Steep hills or flat? How much do you want to pay initially, and for upgrades? Batteries are expensive, and a controller upgrade can be cheap or expensive, depending on whether one is necessary.

Do you want 36 volts or 48 volts? I have a series, and upgraded to 48 volts, which involved an upgraded controller, eight new batteries, upgraded solenoid, upgraded charger, upgraded cables, upgraded FNR, etc.

Edit: I forgot the high speed motor. Stock tires.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

I knew I should've helped out by answering some wants, or needs before you can give a good answer.

It's going to be my cruise around the neighboorhood. Stock speed, maybe a little faster would be nice. 48v would definitely help with distance between charges. I don't want to have to do too much to it. I'm comparing an EZ-GO and Club. Not sure which way to go there???

I will have a couple of adults on the rear as well as front seats. So I guess torque. I don't care for lifts and stock tires are fine for me.

No sand, gravel, or mud driving.

Distance would be a couple of miles a day... if that.

Thanks for your time!
Old 02-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I only have experience with a series and a gasser. I suspect you'll mainly get support for EZGO here.

Given what you want, I'll leave it to the experts to give you the pros/cons for PDS and RXV. Series is great, but others have their pros, as far as cheap upgrades for more speed. Going to 48 volts may not be necessary if you don't need a lot of speed, distance, or torque. Don't bother with a resister cart. My stock series did fine with four people, but needed an upgraded solenoid and FNR.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Get an Ezgo TXT48 or a Club Car Precedent. The Ezgo is my choice between the 2.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #6
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Get an Ezgo TXT48 or a Club Car Precedent. The Ezgo is my choice between the 2.
Thank you sir for the feedback. I'm leaning towards either.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an RXV. Stock it'll have enough power to haul 4 full size dudes and not even break a sweat.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #8
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sltintexas View Post
I have an RXV. Stock it'll have enough power to haul 4 full size dudes and not even break a sweat.
Nice! That's a little more than I can afford. Thanks for the feedback though... I'm just probably going to grab a little electric to put around the neighborhood.

Where is a good source for battery meters? Is there a thread where someone has installed one on their cart with step-by-step?

Thanks guys!
Old 02-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #9
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhitsonjr View Post
Nice! That's a little more than I can afford. Thanks for the feedback though... I'm just probably going to grab a little electric to put around the neighborhood.

Where is a good source for battery meters? Is there a thread where someone has installed one on their cart with step-by-step?

Thanks guys!
See ScottyB's cartsunlimited at the link a few posts above. He has the meter you want and I'm pretty sure there's instructions as well. It's a simple install.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

scottyB at cartsunlimited has everything you need-best price,service,quality and info on his site to help you become more informed....

i would go with a series or pds ezgo...

Series cart,it would be 36v and stock controller with HD solenoid,f/r switch(or scottys f/r contacter setup) and 2gauge cable set...

PDS cart,it would be 42v,HD solenoid,alltrax controller and a 2gauge cable set....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO