lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

Default New here, with my new cart.

Just picked up a 2002 club car, 48v cart last weekend from a cousin. has new batteries/charger and works great.
Had it at the lake and was pretty impressed with the torque cruising around.
Now for the part I need help with, on my other cart (older club car 36v) when you go downhill it will freewheel and coast, on the new one it will pick up some speed then slow back down. Is there a way to easily eliminate this?
I could care less about more top speed but is there a way to get a little more torque out of it? it slows down quite a bit going up hills and I would like to be able to maintain a little more speed up them.
Thanks!
pogrelis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New here, looking for some help with my new cart.

If it is an IQ cart (Second digit in the serial # is a Q) the cheapest way to disable the regenerative braking is to put in a high speed magnet,,,,You can get one from Dave at Revolution golf carts 706-836-7210, one of the sponsors here and he will give you advise on which one you need depending on the motor...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I'll have to check the serial # tonight when I get home.
Also, I'm getting ready to order some 215/35/12 tires on 12x7 wheels with -25 offset. with these tires fit without rubbing? I do not want to lift the cart.
is a 215/50/12 a better option on the same wheel?
It will typically be loaded with 4 people and a cooler cruising around the lake or property.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #4
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

So it looks like I have a 2002 Powder drive plus regen 2.
I cant really find any modifications to get more torque from this thing, if nothing else is there a way to unhook the speed controller so I don't have the regen braking going down hills?
I don't want to spend 1600 to upgrade to the IQ drive system so any easy or cheap ways to get a little more power would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Try this thread

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...n-braking.html
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:22 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogrelis97 View Post
Thanks, I'll have to check the serial # tonight when I get home.
Also, I'm getting ready to order some 215/35/12 tires on 12x7 wheels with -25 offset. with these tires fit without rubbing? I do not want to lift the cart.
is a 215/50/12 a better option on the same wheel?
It will typically be loaded with 4 people and a cooler cruising around the lake or property.
The 215/35/12 tires work out to roughly original diameter and should clear fine. The 215/50/12 works out to about 20.5" outside diameter and will not fit without a lift.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car