lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 ezgo problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterCW View Post
I was looking at the bar meter, where do I find the volt meter from Scotty B? I guess my number one concern is how it slows to a walk pace going up hills. I would bet it won’t run faster than 10 mph on flat ground but haven’t checked it.
Beat me to it. All golf carts slow down going up hill. What make model are your batteries? If your readings were 12 hours after charge completed they are higher than Trojans, but again, they are new. It does take a while to break them in properly. Several dozen cycles. Also look for care and maintenance of your batteries. Check electrolyte before charging, to be sure all plates are covered, but don't fill until they are charged. This will help avoid spillage.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html

Are you sure you tried each battery under load? There was one that was originally COMPLETELY dead. I'm glad it seems to have come back to life.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 08:54 PM   #12
HunterCW
Not Yet Wild

I did try them each under load and paid special attention to the one that was dead. All I did was charge the cart last night. I haven’t driven it around today much to see if maybe it drops faster. 3 of the batteries are from batteries plus and 3 are continental
HunterCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm happy for you that it healed itself. Maybe a bad reading? Are they the same make, model, and amp-hours?
Old 06-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #14
HunterCW
Not Yet Wild

I will have to check tomorrow. I take it they don’t normally get better on their own?
Old 06-03-2019, 09:40 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I've never ever seen one that was lower than 10% SOC. 50% is considered dead. Did you fully charge them right after you bought the three new ones before riding? I've seen them get out of balance a little, and if they get bad enough, you may have to charge one or more with a car charger to bring it/them up, then follow up with a few back to back charges.

We may never know, but if it's exactly the same as others, both resting and under load, I'd be inclined to call it a bad reading. If I saw one of mine that low, I would have checked it with one meter after another, before I believed a number that low.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #16
HunterCW
Not Yet Wild

I did not charge after installing the new batteries. I spoke to the local cart mechanic in regards to being so slow up hill he said depending on the hill that may be normal for the 36volt they are going to drive it tomorrow and see what they think. If that is the case what is the best course of action to improve the performance, I don’t want a race cart I just want it to get around at a reasonable pace.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterCW View Post
Under load each battery dropped to 6.24
Sound OK to me, depending on the hill. Remember, after several dozen charge cycles, they will have more capacity. A stock series cart is/was/and always will be slow up hills.

Follow battery break-in procedures, above. Never drive with new batteries without charging until charger cuts off automatically. Always charge after every use, or at least at the end of the day. Never let them sit partially discharged. Re-initiate a charge cycle every two weeks to one month, during off season.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:11 PM   #18
HunterCW
Not Yet Wild

I want to thank y’all for the guidance. I took the cart to a local shop today and asked them to drive it and see if it felt “normal” for a 36v. They said no, it felt slow all the way around. They got it in the shop and said it had a bigger motor and a 500 amp controller and it should be performing much better. They are going to look at the brushes on the motor and put a speed sensor on it. Hopefully that gets it running good.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:08 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'd ask them to load test them all. You started here with a battery that was deader than dead, but then mysteriously healed itself without charging it separately.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #20
HunterCW
Not Yet Wild

Will do! Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO