lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2019, 05:42 PM   #1
AndrewHMPalmer
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo TXT Battery Question

I manage a small golf course we have a fleet of about 20 36v EZGo TXT buggies. I've always known that you have to match the amp hour rating on the batteries on the carts. Meaning, you can't have a 208 mAh battery mixed into a tray of 232 mAh batteries. Over time we have had a couple of carts lose their battery holders then I've parted those batteries over to other buggies as replacements for dead batteries.

I finally have taken the time to purchase some new battery holders and now it's time to replace a full set of batteries in one of the carts.

My questions is, what amp-hour rating is recommended for these carts? Is it 208 mAh, 232 mAh, something else? I've read some of the stickie posts and I can't find a definitive answer that says these are the best ones.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
AndrewHMPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo TXT Battery Question

Did you look at the “stickies” on this site and download manuals.
It will tell you what stock battery capacity is.
Lots of good info on here, take time to look around and read.
Remember battery care is key on electric carts.
Make sure you educate yourself on battery care and maint. 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The 6V batteries used in a standard 36V battery pack are rated at 225AH.

Using batteries with higher AH rating will extend the range as well as cradle to grave lifespan, but higher AH batteries cost more, so they may be less cost effective annually.

Here is a list (not all inclusive) of 6V batteries sorted by AH then by brand name. The trick is to get the highest AH available at the lowest price locally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG (102.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
AndrewHMPalmer
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB,

Thanks for the chart! That's a major help.

The owner eventually wants to switch to gas carts. We have about 25 gas right now on top of the 20 electric. So we'll slowly phase those out over time. I suspect the 225s might suffice, but going to see how much different in price we're talking.

Again, thanks, much appreciated.
AndrewHMPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #5
Jeverall
Not Yet Wild

I just purchased a used 2008 TXT 48V EZGO shuttle 6. It has Trojan batteries (3years old) and came with the "delta-q" QuiQ charger. The charger appears to cycle through charging sequence until complete. However after left on "complete" for a couple hours, it flashes an error code. (6x red light flash.) The manual shows this indicates "Internal Charger fault" The battery indicator on the dash board of the cart is flashing on the 2nd level up from E. So I am afraid to drive it.

I think The seller did attempt to "clean" under the seat where the batteries are located to make it look nicer by spraying with hose. (not sure if that could have something to do with it)

I have someone coming over tomorrow to fix it (charging $125 for 4 hours of labor), who claims:
"Someone was driving the golf cart for too long and the batteries became too discharged and the charger is not registering enough voltage and so it won't start charging until the batteries get charged up"

Does that sound like a plausible cause? I really don't understand, and I don't want to pay $125 and then still have issues. Thank you for any input guidance. I will continue digging on here.
Jeverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeverall View Post
I just purchased a used 2008 TXT 48V EZGO shuttle 6. It has Trojan batteries (3years old) and came with the "delta-q" QuiQ charger. The charger appears to cycle through charging sequence until complete. However after left on "complete" for a couple hours, it flashes an error code. (6x red light flash.) The manual shows this indicates "Internal Charger fault" The battery indicator on the dash board of the cart is flashing on the 2nd level up from E. So I am afraid to drive it.

I think The seller did attempt to "clean" under the seat where the batteries are located to make it look nicer by spraying with hose. (not sure if that could have something to do with it)

I have someone coming over tomorrow to fix it (charging $125 for 4 hours of labor), who claims:
"Someone was driving the golf cart for too long and the batteries became too discharged and the charger is not registering enough voltage and so it won't start charging until the batteries get charged up"

Does that sound like a plausible cause? I really don't understand, and I don't want to pay $125 and then still have issues. Thank you for any input guidance. I will continue digging on here.
You should start a new post. You're new here, but hijacking makes it harder for someone to get answers to their problems, and makes the Search function more difficult for future users. BUT... yes, it could be plausible. Post again and I'll give you more. If that's the case and you have a car charger, save that $125.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO