lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
Jeverall
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT EZGO - Dash battery indicator vs charger

I just purchased a used 2008 TXT 48V EZGO shuttle 6. It has Trojan batteries (3years old) and came with the "delta-q" QuiQ charger. The charger appears to cycle through charging sequence until complete. However after left on "complete" for a couple hours, it flashes an error code. (6x red light flash.) The manual shows this indicates "Internal Charger fault" The battery indicator on the dash board of the cart is flashing on the 2nd level up from E. So I am afraid to drive it.

I think The seller did attempt to "clean" under the seat where the batteries are located to make it look nicer by spraying with hose. (not sure if that could have something to do with it)

I have someone coming over tomorrow to fix it (charging $125 for 4 hours of labor), who claims:
"Someone was driving the golf cart for too long and the batteries became too discharged and the charger is not registering enough voltage and so it won't start charging until the batteries get charged up"

Does that sound like a plausible cause? I really don't understand, and I don't want to pay $125 and then still have issues. Thank you for any input guidance. I will continue digging on here.
Jeverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

Default Re: TXT EZGO - Dash battery indicator vs charger

You can charge 2 batteries in series at a time with a regular charger to get the voltage up minimum.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandrick View Post
You can charge 2 batteries in series at a time with a regular charger to get the voltage up minimum.

Do you have six 8 volt batteries or four 12 volt batteries?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
Jeverall
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Do you have six 8 volt batteries or four 12 volt batteries?

6 8volt batteries
Old 06-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Do you have or can you borrow a volt meter? Often called digital multimeter or digital volt meter, (DMM or DVM) you can buy one fairly cheap at Walmart, Auto Zone, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, West Marine, etc. It will come in handy for a cart. Measure pack voltage - the voltage from the cables which lead to the charger port.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #6
Jeverall
Not Yet Wild

I do not. Is that something I should invest in.? I am not really handy with cars or mechanics
Old 06-06-2019, 05:14 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I haven't checked lately, but I'd think you could find one around $20. Amazon also has them, but that isn't as fast.

You need to make sure it can read 8 volts to two decimal places and 48 volts to at least one.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/troub...ting-tips.html
Old 06-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you can wait for shipping, this can be used to see if your pack is charged enough for your charger, AND will help you to monitor/maintain your batteries.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
Old 06-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #9
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

If you don't have a regular charger or a meter maybe you should just pay the guy and watch and learn

pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandrick View Post
If you don't have a regular charger or a meter maybe you should just pay the guy and watch and learn

You told him to charge two 8 volt batteries, 16 volts, with a 12 volt charger. That may work if they're really drained, but without a DMM, we'll never know. With a DMM, he could either determine that the fault is with the charger, and take it in and save on house call charge, or charge them up one at a time, while monitoring voltage.

Can also do this with a DVM on the link above.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO