lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2019, 06:26 AM   #1
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2008 RXV Rebuild: Lord Humungus

Hi All,

Recently (Tuesday) acquired a 2008 RXV that I am now in the process of rebuilding. Figured I should document my experience and have a place to ask questions. (This is my first RXV.)

Project: Lord Humungus

2008-RXV.jpg

Already stripped it down. Currently cleaning years of dirt out and touching up the frame. Very little rust to speak of. Which is rare for a Canadian cart of this age.

The cart so far:

Naked2008RXV.jpg

Cheers,
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV Rebuild: Lord Humungus

Another addict. Sad. Seek professional help.

How many is that now, three?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:53 AM   #3
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post

Welcome to the RXV realm. I think you will like it.
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #4
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post

How many is that now, three?
Yes. Three.

This RXV. Then I have a 2004 PDS TXT stripped in the garage and a working DCS that is in my sig. (Well Mad Max was working until I stripped the driver side hub yesterday.)

I can probably squeeze 1 more cart into my garage. But, I had to sign a contract w/ the wife that I won't and that these two carts will be out of the garage before the snow flies!
Old 06-24-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttyFields View Post

Welcome to the RXV realm. I think you will like it.
So far so good. Lots of questions about controllers at the moment. Asked in another thread.

This cart has a working motor but, the Danaher controller is done for. It "works" but, the cart won't charge and it only goes about 2km/h in either direction. LOL. The motor was put into a working RXV and I saw it run properly so I know it is not the issue.

Being Canadian everything is way too expensive (controllers!) and want to balance the cost of fixing this RXV.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #6
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

From what I hear it would be best to convert over to a Curtis controller if your having to buy another one anyway.

Contract with the wife...... lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I feel your pain, if I bring home another car, it better have a bench seat so I'll have a place to sleep.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #8
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttyFields View Post
From what I hear it would be best to convert over to a Curtis controller if your having to buy another one anyway.

Contract with the wife...... lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You may be correct but, I am battling with two carts at the moment so I opted for the Navitas 600amp TAC2.0. I live in the Greater Toronto Area and its hard to get the Curtis 350amp controller and wire harness conversion kit for a reasonable price. I then have to send the controller away to have someone program it.

I have a TSX3.0 600amp in one of my carts and it was dream to deal with. Also the on the fly programmer is nice to have. So I balanced performance and price. I also have the "dealer app" to program the controllers as well.

I did my homework on what to do about the controller. It all came down to price and avalibility. My geographical location makes gettting golf cart parts difficult. There isn't as large of a population and golf cart culture in Canada for carts. I am just lucky I live close to the largest city... I couldn't imagine what someone North of me would have to do to get parts.

So I am trapped in getting what I can get from suppliers here in the Toronto area. Navitas controllers are easy to source in Canada and don't come with duties and other hidden costs when crossing the border.

I am sure there are people reading this shaking their heads... But, location matters when buying parts. You folks in the US have it made when it comes to getting good quality after-market parts.

Cheers,
Impaled
Old 06-24-2019, 06:54 PM   #9
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I feel your pain, if I bring home another car, it better have a bench seat so I'll have a place to sleep.
I am at that point now. I stripped the hub on my main TXT cart I use at the park. "Great now we own three golf carts that don't work!" So I doubling down on sleeping on an arrangement of EZGO seats in my garage. If I align them it makes a good size double bed though. :)
Old 06-24-2019, 07:06 PM   #10
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Heavy duty rear leaf springs question:

Reading about them and there appears to be "dual action" ones and "heavy duty" ones. I will be putting on a back seat and this cart will go off road a lot on steep and bumpy hills. I like the marketing on the "dual action" springs but, questioning if they really are "heavy duty".

Specifically the RHOX SPN-2033 kit vs the SPN-2025.

I am kind of stuck with those two as my options as that is what the local dealers can get me easily.

Thanks!
Imapled
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO