lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #81
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: John's Cart

I still had the voltage issue. Most times I couldn't run it around the block without having the jump box hooked up to it. I ran the test that has been mentioned numerous times on here and I came up with that my voltage regulator was bad. I found one on Amazon for $32 so I consider that a win.

It showed up on Monday morning and I went ahead and put it on. I could have swore I bought a new one years ago along with a new SG but maybe I bought a dud. I took it a step further and eliminated the old inline fuse off the ignition switch and replaced it with a new blade style fuse holder. I noticed I was getting a short every now and then and if I wiggle the wire it would fire up. I also bought a brand new terminal clamp for the positive side of the battery and put it on. After all that it appears I've done some good. For the first time the cart ran without the jump box and never stumbled once.

I found another item on Amazon a while back that I thought would be cool. It's a small accessory outlet cluster. I figure I can put it where the golf ball holder is. It has two USB plugs and a cigarette outlet. In the middle of these two is a voltage reading. Now I can see if the battery is good to go or if I'm having another charging issue. I hooked it up temporarily and drove around. In my short trip I'm seeing excellent voltage numbers so I think I can put my charging issue to bed

I took the time to wire this up off the keyed ignition side. That way it doesn't stay hot constantly. I drilled a small hole on the frame near the gas tank and fished a wire through to the front. The PO had put in one of those electrical bars so I just used it. The horn comes off of it already so now the lights and accessory outlets will too

And that folks is where I'm at. I've still got to paint and install the looooooooong rubber piece that goes around the whole cart but beyond that it's just small stuff. The kids love it and the Mrs is proud of all that I've got done. My FIL can't believe it's the same cart He thought I sold it and bought another to work on.

I still need to work on the carb/choke issue. I'm still having to work the choke on hills for some reason. I'm sorry I kind of petered out on the pics. I'll snap some new ones of the other stuff tomorrow or the next day and post them up. Thanks again everyone for all your help. This has definitely been fun. Now I can't wait to see what adventures we can get into with it.
orangecart75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2019, 05:58 AM   #82
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks great

Definitely has come a long ways from where you brought it home
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #83
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

You're doing great, you can get pre-sewn custom fit upholstery for around $60 for all three pieces. Simply yank off the old and staple on the new..........

Seeing your pics with the roof on reminded me of how mine used to be, I never did like how the front was higher than the rear. So I chopped it LOL, I took 6" off the front and 3" off the rear. I wish I would've left the rear where it was though, and when my rag cab wears out I'm going to add the 3" back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180514_183538.jpg (290.1 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #84
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

My club cars do the same thing. Not overly in love with the slanted appearance but when it rains and drains out instead of taking off and getting wholloped by a wall of water, makes the aesthetics of it less important
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #85
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

LOL Yep I know what you mean, My beer in the cup holder has been drenched more than once. But I will say now when it rains I put the windshield up and can snap the rag cab over the top of it, problem solved
Old 08-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #86
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
You're doing great, you can get pre-sewn custom fit upholstery for around $60 for all three pieces. Simply yank off the old and staple on the new..........

Seeing your pics with the roof on reminded me of how mine used to be, I never did like how the front was higher than the rear. So I chopped it LOL, I took 6" off the front and 3" off the rear. I wish I would've left the rear where it was though, and when my rag cab wears out I'm going to add the 3" back

Where would I find those at?
orangecart75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #87
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Search for 'Ezgo Marathon seat covers' a lot of places will come up, here's an example for $69 and you get to pick two colors if desired
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41OIhlpO9eL.jpg (26.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 51ttOzLB9KL.jpg (49.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO