lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #11
DisgruntledVet
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EH 292 engine swap options

So what are these high speed gears that I keep hearing about? With this motor would this be something to consider for a little more top end?
DisgruntledVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: EH 292 engine swap options

H.S. gears wont just add a little top end. They add a lot of top end. And can sacrifice a fair amount of torque on the bottom end to get there. Clutch upgrades can help with some of that, but if you live in a hilly area it might become an issue unless you drop in a clone motor or a big block. If you live somewhere flat with no hills, it might be bearable.

I dont know off hand for ezgo specifically but usually theres an option for 8:1 keep 6:1 gears. Theyll put a stock cart in the high 20's/low 30's. Bigger tires, modified governor, mid 30's pretty easily.

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/high-sp...for-ezgo#intro

Personally, I've got absolutely no interest in going that fast. I had a club car that would do close to 30 and it was downright scary at those speeds. The sway, steering, and brakes are definitely not designed for those speeds. Anything over around 25mph starts getting shady...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO