lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
OU812ic
Not Yet Wild

Default Axle clunk

Hey, been a while...
# (A"85"18 ) CC 36v elec.
Have a rear end clunck from stop, and seems to be a bit of slop in left rear wheel while off the ground.
Is there serviceable parts in there & is this rear end about to grenade on me up at camp?
Not a stranger to the wrench, but never inside the rearend of one of these.
Don't wanna ship this cart off. I like em' plain & simple.
Any advise would be "biggly" appreciated. Not to mention a parts diagram would even be "huge" if anyone knew where one of those could be found.
If I had to swap the whole rearend out, which would be compatable even ?
Thanks in advance,
OU812ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
OU812ic
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Axle clunk

Just saw that there are no legal manuals avail, so even a greezy old picture would do...
Old 09-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I looked and do not have anything back to then. It should be a Kawasaki rear end, but call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917. He should be able to help you.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you have slop in the wheel (in/out or any movement up/down or Fore/aft) then the wheel end /axle bearing is probably bad. Not that it will be an easy replacement, but should not require a whole new axle. Remove the wheel and brake drum and see if the axle hub has the same movement.

Worn splines on the motor coupler and input shaft of the axle can cause a clunk, but usually also causes a rattle/ chatter at certain speeds while rolling.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #5
OU812ic
Not Yet Wild

will do. I have to get in there to give the brakes some attention anyway. I was hoping to make it through the season without having to get into this now. Hopeing it will hold out another month or so. It has been doing it since the end of last year when I got the cart, just didn't remember the noise so prominent..
Thanks for the input guys
Old 09-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #6
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Should be this ……
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c1_drive_unit.jpg (92.3 KB, 0 views)
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #7
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Doesn't sound like this is your problem but when our cart had a clunk when braking I had to crank down the U bolts that hold the rear end in place. They looked all snugged up but after I managed another full turn on the wrench everything was as good as new.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
OU812ic
Not Yet Wild

I could only wish it was gonna be that easy. Lifted it up off the ground and tested all the solenoids, all fired as they should and that wheel jumped around like it was "square"... Definitely have some lash in there somewhere. Changed the gear oil and sifted for metal, none...0. I even stuck a telescopeing magnet in to fish any out. Nothing. Gonna head up camp & compare a few older carts like mine.
On a side note, anyone know what other complete axle/rearends with or w/out motors are bolt up compatable ? This is an "A8518 75948" CC 36v ... I have a shot at one complete to the wheels w/motor.
Would rather find a doner than rip into it, & won't.
Thanks
Old 09-05-2019, 07:58 PM   #9
avinzant
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just replaced the outer axle bearings on my 88'. If that is your problem, it is a little bit of a pain. You need a long skinny and strong pair of snap ring pliers. I broke 2 pairs on mine. There is a snap ring behind the hub. Once out, it took a slide hammer to get the axle out. Then the bearing was pressed onto the axle. I had a buddy with a press swap them out for me. Then going back together was not too bad.

golfcartpartsdirect.com has a bunch of diagrams that they list their parts by that you may find useful.
avinzant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:33 AM   #10
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://club-car.servicemanualvault.c...ce-Manual.html
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car