lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2019, 09:57 AM   #1
zappbranagan
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO wont move (first cart)

Hi everyone.

This is my first cart, so please excuse the ignorance.

I purchased a used 2016 EZGO 48V TXT this past week. Drove it around. Tested it out. Seemed great. Parked it in the garage and connected the charger.

2 days later, I try to use it and nothing. Turn the key on, put it in R, the reverse beeping comes on, but no movement. Try F, same thing. No movemement.

Plugged it in to see if charger was faulty. Shows solid green light on charger and on cart.

Took multimeter and tested each individual battery and each was at 8.5V.

What else should i test? Should i reset it (i saw somewhere online about a reset button on the controller or motor).

Thanks!
zappbranagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #2
zappbranagan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help! EZGO wont move (first cart)

also, i dont hear a click when i am turning the key to on. Not sure if that means the solenoid is bad.
zappbranagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
Threeput
Gone Wild

I had the same problem with my first EZGo cart...then I found out a few things...First make sure Pedal is all the way back to normal sitting position...then put to N and wait a few seconds while the cart does it's system check...if it still doesn't move then put switch to full off then slowly put it to N again...wait..then F...
I did have an instant where the brake was "Frozen " on..sitting in sub Zero temp for a couple of weeks...I put Switch to N...put Run/Tow switch to Tow...Manual pulled the cart forward till it moved...the switch back to Run...and tried again..all OK
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Threeput, sounds like your cart is an RXV. The TXT is a little different. On the TXT, the solenoid will click when you start to depress the go pedal. Not to say that's not the issue, but I don't think the 48v TXT will click when the key is turned. Hopefully someone more versed in the 48V TXT's will be along shortly for diags.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
Threeput
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO wont move (first cart)

jneubig...yep! your're right ..it's a 2009 RXV..took me awhile to learn ..be slow and patient when switching..
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #6
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO wont move (first cart)

Make sure the run/tow switch under the seat on the passenger side is in the run position. Second, when you plug the charger in it shouldn't just go directly to a solid green light. It should start flashing green if its working.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO