lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Question TXT48 vs RXV

why? why not?

I know just enough about golf carts to get myself in trouble. I am in the process of buying a cart. Don't really want to do heavy modification. Want the most durable cart for neighborhood use, that later I may slap knobby tires on and run light trails at hunting camp NOT HEAVY OFF-ROAD USE

I keep hearing about the brake on RXV

I am confused. Discuss
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT48 vs RXV

I just bought a refurbished cart after months of research. The RXV is what I ended up getting. Just feel overall it's the cart that fit my needs.
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #3
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

The 2008 TXT on your tagline seems to fit the bill....those things are good ole basic workhorses! Not much to go wrong, easy to replace parts. Put lift kit, mudgrips & lights on it for the woods and you good to go!
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Sorry, didn't read your entire tagline....you already have the lift kit, get lights and you good to go :)
Old 03-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Sorry, didn't read your entire tagline....you already have the lift kit, get lights and you good to go :)
He's talking about getting a different cart, not upgrading the one in his tagline. TXT48 is not offered in "series motor" configuration. Although, I feel he has about the perfect setup already. If he wants a new one, he wants a new one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:35 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The big difference between the 2 is AC versus DC drive.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:26 PM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Oh, guess your right. I think the "durable" stuck with me....hard to beat TXT. You can beat those to H*** and back, and they come out smiling!!
Old 03-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Oh, guess your right. I think the "durable" stuck with me....hard to beat TXT. You can beat those to H*** and back, and they come out smiling!!
The DC drive cart has been around for about 80 years. They have pretty much worked the bugs out of it in every form possible.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:35 PM   #9
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for all the comments guys but y'all are talking way over my head. And the cart in my signature is GONE. I traded it away for a Willys jeep.

This will be a new cart that I don't plan to modify near as much as my old cart if at all. I am thinking rear seat, premium light kit and maybe rims. NO Programer or new motor FR switch or any of that. Maybe set it to freedom setting nothing more.

I want to know if I should go with the TXT48 or an RSV

Thanks again
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Txt obviously has been around for a while but in an upgraded 48 volt version. 48txt can be tweaked a little more for performance and still be a dependable cart in stock form. The rxv with some tweaks is a bad azz. It is a rolling computer and needs to be treated as one but if you put good cables and a hd solenoid on it with 21” or smaller tires it is a beast. With just the 235 amp controller in a AC configuration is putting out over 600 amps. Hauling 4 people with stuff is nothing.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO