lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2020, 05:32 PM   #1
HighRollin
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V CC Precedent Navitas Installation Help

So a few weeks ago I picked up my first cart as a project. The car flooded a few years back and has been sitting ever since. After a couple weeks of cleaning and waiting for parts, I believe I have everything I need to get it back together.

New Parts List
Navitas ac conversion kit
400 amp solenoid
Wiring harness
Battery cable set
Mcor4 and conversion kit
All new switches, ignition, f&r, run tow etc
New lester summit 2 charger and charging port & harness
New Trojan T-875 batteries

So ive been reading quite a bit on the forum but being new to the cart world I would like to share what Ive done so far to make sure I havent made any mistakes. Also there are 5 or 6 wires or plugs that Im unsure where they go if anywhere. Ive removed the obc and connected the blue and white wires. Is there anything else that needs to be done for the obc delete?

Pic#1 4 pin from stock controller. Im assuming I dont need this anymore. Black wire I have no idea.

Pic#2 plug for stock speed sensor. Assuming I dont need this.

Pic#3 new harness wires are slightly different colors from what I had before. The two blue wire I believe would go to the stock solenoid but since I have a 400 amp solenoid now Im not sure. Also I have no idea where the pink wire goes.

Pic#4 black wire went to obc. I don’t believe I need this anymore.

Pic#5 The new summit 2 charger charge port harness. Im assuming the red and black go to battery 1 positive and negative but not sure. Also unsure about the blue wire.

Let me know if any more pics or better angles are needed. I appreciate you guys help.
HighRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2020, 09:06 AM   #2
space
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48V CC Precedent Navitas Installation Help

I'm glad you posted this. We are doing almost the exact same build. Is this the IQ harness? I've ripped everything out and about to start putting it together if the parts ever get here. Shipping is f'd right now.
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
HighRollin
Not Yet Wild

Yes it is. The part # is 103374901. I bought everything from Revolution Golf Cars and David will be able to help us out but as soon as all my parts showed up Revolution is out of the office until Monday. Just my luck aargh.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:38 AM   #4
space
Not Yet Wild

That's who I bought most of my stuff from. Been a pleasure to deal with.
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
HighRollin
Not Yet Wild

The following info in red worked for my 2009 CC precedent. I hope this will help someone installing the same setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollin View Post
So a few weeks ago I picked up my first cart as a project. The car flooded a few years back and has been sitting ever since. After a couple weeks of cleaning and waiting for parts, I believe I have everything I need to get it back together.

New Parts List
Navitas ac conversion kit
400 amp solenoid
Wiring harness
Battery cable set
Mcor4 and conversion kit
All new switches, ignition, f&r, run tow etc
New lester summit 2 charger and charging port & harness
New Trojan T-875 batteries

So ive been reading quite a bit on the forum but being new to the cart world I would like to share what Ive done so far to make sure I havent made any mistakes. Also there are 5 or 6 wires or plugs that Im unsure where they go if anywhere. Ive removed the obc and connected the blue and white wires. Is there anything else that needs to be done for the obc delete?

Pic#1 4 pin from stock controller. Im assuming I dont need this anymore. Black wire I have no idea. 4pin plug from stock controller will be unused. The black wire was hooked up to the obc. Since the obc was deleted, the wire is now connected to B- on the navitas controller.

Pic#2 plug for stock speed sensor. Assuming I dont need this.This will be unused

Pic#3 new harness wires are slightly different colors from what I had before. The two blue wire I believe would go to the stock solenoid but since I have a 400 amp solenoid now Im not sure. Also I have no idea where the pink wire goes.The blue & blue with white stripe wires go to the small posts on the solenoid. The pink wire should be routed to the battery side of the solenoid.

Pic#4 black wire went to obc. I don’t believe I need this anymore. I was incorrect in my original post. This wire dod not go to to rhe obc. This wire was unused in my application. It is my understanding that this wire is for headlights

Pic#5 The new summit 2 charger charge port harness. Im assuming the red and black go to battery 1 positive and negative but not sure. Also unsure about the blue wire. Red wire goes to main pack positive and black goes to main pack negative. The blue wire is unused
Let me know if any more pics or better angles are needed. I appreciate you guys help.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
HighRollin
Not Yet Wild

Anyone needing parts for their build, I highly recommend calling revolution golf cars and talking to Mr Hicks. He answered all my questions with a quick phone call and got me rollin. Space if I can help answer an questions lmk. My cart with the above setup on 23” tires has a top speed of 32mph and has enough torque to pull the front wheels of the ground when launching. The only complaint I have at the moment is the cart has a jerkiness to it under part throttle. I havent had time to adjust the OTF controller but I feel confident I will be able to eliminate it.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #7
billythekid13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Stock motor on your cart?
billythekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:52 PM   #8
HighRollin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid13 View Post
Stock motor on your cart?
No its the Navitas 5kw motor. Kit came with the 600 amp controller, 5kw motor, and the on the fly controller.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:10 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by space View Post
I'm glad you posted this. We are doing almost the exact same build. Is this the IQ harness? I've ripped everything out and about to start putting it together if the parts ever get here. Shipping is f'd right now.
Are you having an issue with one of the shipments you got from me? If so, email me and I'll see what I can do. We've got a ton of stuff on back-order right now through several of our vendors, but sometimes we can source stuff elsewhere if necessary.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollin View Post
Anyone needing parts for their build, I highly recommend calling revolution golf cars and talking to Mr Hicks. He answered all my questions with a quick phone call and got me rollin. Space if I can help answer an questions lmk. My cart with the above setup on 23” tires has a top speed of 32mph and has enough torque to pull the front wheels of the ground when launching. The only complaint I have at the moment is the cart has a jerkiness to it under part throttle. I havent had time to adjust the OTF controller but I feel confident I will be able to eliminate it.
Thanks for your business, sir. Glad you're happy with it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car