lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #1
turbomatt1
Not Yet Wild

Default 00 DS No Reverse- But Warm S2 wire

New to the site... Just spent a couple of hours reviewing post's, diagrams & pic's. Thanks for a very helpfull site! With the knowledge learned, I'm fairly certain my batterys (Trojan) are good, all checked,6.4V or 6.5V when about 80% discharged... my wiring looks correct, Using the voltage tester, the F&R switch seams to be working properly, & I even tried the full speed reverse jumper & still no reverse. I get the buzzer, the single solinoid clicks, & the far right resistor & the S2 wire get warm all the way to the motor, but it dosent budge. Forward works perfectly, runs very strong at all speeds. Is there a problem in the motor? or have I missed something??
I purchased the cart in this condition, with little / no history.
Thanks in advance for your input! -Matt
turbomatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 00 DS No Reverse- But Warm S2 wire

Welcome. If the motor works in forward it is going to work in reverse. Try slamming it into reverse a few times and wiggle the F&R lever when in reverse? No? Then recheck all the connections on the reverse side of the F&R. Sounds like a bad connection.

You can also try switching the F cable with the R cable at the F&R to see if then it only runs reverse? This would indicate a F&R switch problem. Swap the 2 cables on the movable center piece of the F&R
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
turbomatt1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input. I swapped the wires as described & it backed right up, but would not go forward. Bad F&R switch ?
Of note... I returned the wires back to normal, & just for kicks, I had my son give me a shove backwards while holding it on the floor in reverse... & it started picking up speed. (reverse was somewhat working, but when I stoped, it had to be push-started to reverse again) Next, I did the full speed hot wire again for 36V reverse & tried the same push start for reverse, but supprisingly got nothing at all??
Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

1st welcome to the site, it seems like your problem is in the F&R si i would start there............................................8 )
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
turbomatt1
Not Yet Wild

Turns out there was an EZgo F&R switch improperly installed on mine. The new Club Car switch cured it. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
agood1
Not Yet Wild

I'm in the same boat as turbomatt1, I have a 94 era CC 36v that has been working fine for years, but just the other day the reverse stopped. Forward is fine. I plan to try wiggling the switch with the pedal pushed, but what else can I do to trouble shoot?

Thanks
agood1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reverse problem 2000 ds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car