lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2021, 06:59 PM   #1
fudd67
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car carryall 2 electric circuit breaker open fault

I have a club car carryall 2 electric with the 1520-5501 controller system apparently similar to villager. I can't seem to find a wiring diagram anywhere. It's throwing a circuit breaker open fault. I've replaced the relay and installed a fuse instead of circuit breaker and I also had the controller tested but it's a continuous code. I'm not sure what the voltage output is to be from the controller to the relay but I have 4.4 volts online continuous whether the key is on or off. I've even gone as far as replacing the solenoid just to try a theory. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
fudd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2021, 09:19 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club car carryall 2 electric circuit breaker open fault

You’ve got a bad connection somewhere or damaged wire that supplies the Tow/Run circuit.
The controller doesn’t provide voltage to much of anything, but it has to receive it from multiple sources to work properly. Typically the majority of those come from the Tow/Run circuit which pulls from pack positive at the solenoid.

What year is your cart? I may have a link to the correct diagram, but they’re all on my laptop which I can get to in the morning.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
fudd67
Not Yet Wild

Serial number is QB0915-016080
Old 10-22-2021, 07:41 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

https://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ec...Carryall-2.pdf

Your diagram will be on page 306 under Electrical System, Electric Vehicles.

The Circuit Breaker gives power to the Tow/Run circuit, that gets power from the hot side of the solenoid via Pink wire, but that goes through a welded splice on the way to the circuit breaker. If you have full pack voltage on the small pink wire at the solenoid, but only 4v at the breaker, then follow the wiring and find the splice connection between them. It's common for those to corrode and cause poor connection/ low voltage.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #5
fudd67
Not Yet Wild

Okay thank you very much for the information, I have found I have battery reference voltage from the solenoid through the circuit breaker through the toe switch back to the pink wire at the relay, however I only have 44 volts coming out of the relay going to the controller I've tried three different relays and all have the same voltage. At this point my battery reference voltage is 49.2 v. It's hard to reference the wiring of the relay from the diagram pictured on page 306 but as of now the brown wire from the circuit breaker is on the common post the yellow wire from the controller side of solenoid is on the other large Spade and then the pink and green and white are on the two small posts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car