lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
burton1925
Not Yet Wild

Default New Headlight/Taillight Kit problems!!!

I just installed a headlight/taillight kit on my 2001 Club Car and like an idiot I hooked it up to 4 batteries instead of 2, that is what you get for working late into the night. It blew all of the lights of course but I thought it was strange that it did not blow any fuses? So we replaced the rear bulbs but noticed that the front headlights were all one piece and the light was sautered into the socket....so to replace the headlight bulb do I have to buy a whole new headlight assembly? or do I have to pull the light out and sauter the new one back in? We pulled one light bulb out completely and it was for sure burnt but have left the other on alone until I figure out what to do. Thank you for all the help in advance and if you know the fix to my problem or where to get replacement bulbs or units that would be greatly appreciated.
burton1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 AM   #2
burton1925
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Headlight/Taillight Kit problems!!!

One last thing it is is a 48 volt cart and I have heard that you should hook the lights up to a certain 2 batteries...if anyone could help me out with that one that would be great. I am planning on ordering a voltage converter her soon I just want to make sure I have working light before doing so. Thanks Again
burton1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
Zeusdafreak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

From what i have read on these forums you cannot hook the light kit to 2-8 volt batteries. 16 volts will blow the bulbs. Instead you will need a voltage reducer. The best ones are 48 to 12 volts. that way all your batteries are being utilized equally.
Zeusdafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Zeusdafreak is right about the need for a reducer.... You'll blow the bulbs if you don't use one... As for the batteries... it makes no difference which two you use.. They're all the same... 8 Volt batteries.... As for the bulb... yes you can replace the bulb by itself... It's an H3 Halogen 55 Watt bulb available at any AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts...
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car