lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
jthornton803
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Speakers/Soundbar and CD PLAYER

I just purchased a 2004 ezgo txt...i was just wondering what was the best soundbar(which i like the best) or speakers to use? also, i dont want to kill to much of yalls time but is there a website with descriptive detail on how to wire a cd player to the batteries or however it goes?

ps. i ride the cart on bumpy terrain, will the soundbar hold up?

thanks for your time in advance!!

- jesse thornton
jthornton803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speakers/Soundbar and CD PLAYER

There are many ways to do this. Do a search on this site. I believe you will find the best and most specific instructions right here at BGW. (including pictures).
Some thoughts: There are basically 3 ways to get 12volt power. 1-use 2 of your main pack batteries. 2-install a separate 12v battery. 3-install a power converter/reducer.
By sound bar I assume you mean the unit that is installed on the roof. May not be the best for rough terrain. Same could be said for CD players although I hear modern ones are pretty good about skipping. Consider marine versions. A small amp with an MP3 kit is another way to go. Simple installation. An ipod or similar is the sound source so no problems with vibration and you can take it with you when you leave the cart.
People have been very creative here. Take the time to research.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
JG!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speakers/Soundbar and CD PLAYER

I would go with speaker pods. I personally don't like the way the roof console look or sound. For speakers, that just depends on how much you wanna spend. If doing a roof console any type of car audio speaker would be fine, since its out of the way of getting wet. If you do speaker pods, I would go with a marine speaker. I went through several sets of Alpine's cause they always get wet and damage the tweeter dome. I also own a car audio business so I just warranty them.
If you ride on a bumpy terrain a cd player is kinda pointless. Look into doing some thing with ipod or mp3 hook up.

Heres a few pics of my setup

Alpine's iPod unit (no CD)
JG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO