lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
southernracer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 02 ds resistor

what is the part # for the resistor on the solenoid for a 48v 2002 club car ds with a mcor thank you for help
southernracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 02 ds resistor

CC part # 1014947.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
southernracer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thank you sir
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thats what forum is all about helping each other, PASS IT ON.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
southernracer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

why would it keep poping the resistor
Old 03-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If your resistor is wired across the two large solenoid posts ( where 6 guage cables connect ) some thing else is wired wrong? Is your diode connected across two small posts ( small wiring ) with band toward plus side?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
bc40ton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I also might have a problem with the resistor. Is this different than the diode the OP is referring to?
Mine looks overheated and it is connected to the 6ga wires across the relay, is this wrong? My post is in the elec CC section under 2001 DS. Thanks.
bc40ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The diode and pre charge resistor are two completly different items that do entirely different functions even though they are connected to the same solenoid. The pre charge resistor is wired across the ( large solenoid posts ) and can show some signs of heat as it is a resistor. I have seen a few that burn out, mostly I find caused by some wiring problem? I have seen a couple of brand new ( after market ) units burn up as soon as power was applied, and these must have been defective? Several have gone bad that I was able to trace to cart frame being hot. Electric golf carts MUST NOT have voltage on frame, unlike a auto where body and frame are the ground for any voltage. Anything like a light or wiring connected to frame backs up into whole system and can do major damage to electronics in later model carts. GAS CARTS OK.
The DIODE is wired across the two small terminals on solenoid. The color band around one end indicates where that end should be mounted on solenoid. The solenoid has a power input side ( some times marked with a plus or X ) this is battery pack plus side of solenoid so that on turning off it does not allow high voltage ( excess of 150 volts ) to back up into solenoid windings arcing the internal contacts.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
bc40ton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Is there a way to check voltage thru the frame? The PO did have a light switch with lights cause I see where the ground was screwed into the frame. Also, about the resistor, I am ordering a new one but see no sign of a diode. Do all have the diode and resistor? Should I get one of those for the small terminals on the solenoid? Thanks.

2001 DS
bc40ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

There never should be any voltage at frame NONE. To check for voltage at frame connect meter red lead to plus side of battery pack and meter black lead ( ground ) on cart frame. With digital meter you will get a minor readings but should not be full pack voltage unless some thing electrical is grounded.
The stock 2002 48 volt solenoid CC#101908701 with IQ controls shows Resistor CC# 1014947 but NO DIODE, While same solenoid number CC #101908701 with standard 48 volt system ( NONE IQ ) shows same Resistor CC #1014947 AND ALSO DIODE CC#1014948?? This means that if your CC is "IQ" controled YOU DO NOT NEED THE DIODE? I have run into this before and if you replace controller with CURTIC ( who furnishes most of factory controllers for CC ) OR ALLTRAX units they show need for resistor and diode, SO WHO IS RIGHT??? TAHOE DAWG says he never uses diodes on newer CC's? WOULD IT HURT TO INSTALL A DIODE ON A IQ?? I have and so far find no problems?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car