lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Underglow on 2007 cart

I have 2007 cart and I want to put new underglow on it and I have a set from led under body on it now but I want new and better, cause most of the tubes I have on it now are burnt out and they will not replace them. So is there something better to get for it?
motormouth27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Default Re: Underglow on 2007 cart

led
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I was gonna to go for LED like where would be best place to purchase it from and its not junk.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I bought mine off Ebay - half from the US and half from China at like 1/4 the price (just a 2 week wait for shipping) ... They're identical and bright as hell, have survived MANY mud, rain, water, snow, and ice trips just fine - make sure you ge the sealed PVC ones though (you should search for them as aquarium LED strips, to be sure you get the good, fully sealed ones)

I have 48cm front and rear, and 120cm running down each side and she lights up nicely!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
Phillip
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check these out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4pc-M...Q5fAccessories
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I've seen a lot of those SMD strips fail (not just on carts, but in many applications - I own a midsized Stage Production company and about 40% of our lighting is LED based, and many manufacturers have phased out those tricolor - as well as the single color - SMD's as marker and accent lights because they're troublesome) ...

Not to say those are bad LED kits, but I would definitely be wary of them being SMD emitters.

The style I have had great luck with are seen in auction number 320705666378 - there are many suppliers and all the primary clors are available, as long as you buy them in the length you need and don't trim them they are completely sealed and waterproof (most SMD strips are machine cut to length and have endcaps and connectors installed, all potential spots for moisture, etc to get in and wreak havoc) ... If I had one gripe about them it's that the power leads are generally only about 12" long and are very fine wire (wihch given the minute power draw rhese required is not a problem, just a hassle to work with) - if you take your time and make sure to seal all your connections with shrink tubing after soldering them you should be just fine, as mine have been for a year or so now.

Also - these sealed LED strips are quite a bit more directional than the SMD's, so it's far easier to set them up with the glow where you want it, as well as that they appear quite a bit brighter lumen for lumen as the light is better focused - here is a pic of just a single 18cm (roughly 6") strip mounted under the front cowl, it's not a great pic but it will give you an idea of just how much light these throw, inch for inch:

I have some better pics of the whole cart lit up on my laptop, I'll try and remember to upload some tomorrow (the laptop is out for a show tonight)
Old 06-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
bigdaddyak
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.superbrightleds.com real cheep and you can fit them in the frame so the dont drag i also changed all the bulb in my dads 55 chevy! hope that helps
bigdaddyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I bought some 1/4" aluminum channel and they pressfit right in there, forgot to mention that (you definitely don't want them drooping or dragging)
Old 06-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #9
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Watch the video. We were gonna put these on our cart for the Christmas Parade in 2010 but they had it in the daytime?? Never heard of such!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MILLI...ltDomainQ5f100
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #10
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I have the underglow from led under body already and half the tubes are not lighting up all the way. So ill like to change them to something better that lights up all the was, so what be the best to go with? The led underbod company wont do anything about it. So i m tired of playing games with them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO