lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
rlpg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car 48 V Stopped Dead

Will do. Thanks for the help.

The Alltrax controller and motor were replaced a few years ago but the solenoid was never upgraded. It is strange that it just went like that. I will replace tomorrow.
Is there any special instructions or precautions that I need to do when replacing it?
Will the wiring be the same?
rlpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
rlpg
Not Yet Wild

TKS

Last edited by rlpg; 11-29-2013 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: duplication
Old 11-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just the usual precautions. run/tow off, battery disconnected, take a picture or draw a diagram of what you take loose, don't trust your memory. And the most important is that the diode across the coil is polarity sensitive. There is a band on one end of the diode remember which terminal it goes on. Put electrical tape on the handle of wrenches you are using, but not in the jaws. The only problem that might come up is that with a HD solenoid there might be a physical difference in size compared to a stock one. That's about all I can think of. Good luck
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #14
rlpg
Not Yet Wild

JJANCE-Thanks again. I replaced and the solenoid and the problem has been solved!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

ripg, You're welcome glad I could help. :)
Old 12-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have not had to replace much on my cart, so far and knock on wood and all that, and I am curious about one thing...

A lot of problems are the solenoids. The fella here was told to replace his and he apparently went and got the part in a day and did it. Where do you get that so fast? A CC Dealer or are there other spot?

OK, second question, is this something that you should replace every so often anyway like a coil on a car. Remember the days of points & condensers?? I replaced coils about every other tune up no matter. Ballasts too. That prevented lots of issues, so, should I replace the solenoid just for good measure? Seems like a lot of them need replacing.

Then there Is the actuator nut behind the wheel that needs work....the solenoid may be easier.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #17
rlpg
Not Yet Wild

I live in south Florida so golf cart stores are readily available. I called one and they had the part in stock. I wouldn't replace anything unless you see or hear a problem and always test with a digital volt meter..
This website is a huge benefit for those people that want to work on their carts.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

From the factory the cart components are designed to function with 2 people on board driving 300 yds on a groomed course. Once it leaves the course all bets are off on how long the stock components will last. Much depends upon how you use it and where.
IF you decide to upgrade the controller so the motor can access more amperage to make more torque, then you will also have to upbrade the amperage delivery system = the solenoid, cables, and F&R in a series cart. For extreme use the motor will be replaced too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #19
rlpg
Not Yet Wild

Solenoid was replaced and it is running fine but the lights still dim under full throttle. The batteries take a full charge the charge shuts off but I still think that is the problem. It charges to 50.1 volts and goes down to 49.3 volts after a 3 mile run.
All of the batteries test the same
Is there another test I should perform on the batteries?
Thanks
Old 12-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #20
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are we talking stock lighting or something like a light bar mounted on the roof with 4 halogen lights?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car