lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2015, 12:26 AM   #1
stormin12
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2007 Precedent Loses All Power

I have decided to step up from my 97 EZGO TXT and just picked up a 2007 Precedent (Serial Number PQ0739-819669). I bought a couple of them from an auction for myself and a friend. Unfortunately, one of them is no longer working (we swear it was fine when we picked up the carts). All I have done with the carts is open them up and clean them out. If the cart has not been in use for several minutes, you can press the accelerator and the cart will travel for about 10 to 20 seconds, then it will lose all power to the motor and stop. If you press on the accelerator again, the solenoid will click, the cart will lurch forward an inch or 2, then nothing. If you turn off the cart, let it sit for a while, you can then drive another 10 to 20 seconds. Having two carts has been nice, because I have eliminated several potential problems by trading out parts from the working cart. Here is what I have done so far (with no results):

- Batteries are good and charged
- The cart will charge when it is plugged in (I assume at least that part of the OBC is good).
- A brand new MCOR 2 was put in...no change
- I swapped controllers with the good cart and there was no change
- I swapped the speed sensor with the good cart and there was no change

I did take the cart over to the local shop, they plugged it in, and then said their programmer was not recognizing the throttle....that is why I purchased a new MCOR, however, it did nothing to fix the issue. Does anyone have any other ideas? I am running out of parts to swap. Thanks in advance!
stormin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2015, 06:15 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Precedent Loses All Power

Still might be the mcor, is the new one made in China seems they have made a lot of bad parts for these carts.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sound like the solenoid to me. Try swapping it. Just because it clicks it doesn't mean its good.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

What exactly do they mean when they say it wasn't recognizing the throttle? The MCOR is divided up into two separate circuits. One is an internal potentiometer that regulates speed and the other is a simple microswitch that is used to communicate with the controller when you depress the pedal and try to go. Find out what part of the MCOR it's not recognizing. When you plug the IQDM into the car you need to look in the MONITOR menu first and check for KEY INPUT. If it's not receiving a KEY INPUT "ON" signal from the keyswitch, the MCOR microswitch or "FOOT INPUT" signal will not work. When you turn the keyswitch on the "KEY INPUT" should turn "ON". Make sure this happens. If it does, the "FOOT INPUT" should turn on when you depress the accelerator. If it doesn't, you either have a bad MCOR, a short in the wiring between the MCOR and the controller, or a bad controller.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #5
stormin12
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the input. It turns out, it was the solenoid. I swapped the solenoids and the cart runs perfect. Once I pulled the old solenoid out, I saw a crack in the bad solenoid. There is nothing wrong with the MCOR (I believe). I hope the shop will allow me to return it even though I plugged it in to my cart for all of 5 min.! If not, anyone need a almost brand new MCOR 2?!I appreciate the feedback on the information the handset gives. I am not sure why the shop did not look at all of the information they could have on the IQDM. Unfortunately, I think since I told them what I thought it was, the first thing that perhaps supported my "diagnosis" they were finished. Oh well. I really appreciate all of the experts on these boards! Now I can move on to customizing my new cart!
stormin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds good.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car