lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2018, 07:39 AM   #1
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Question P2000 vs P2200 & why still sluggish???

I had us2200 xc batteries that went bad. Im still learning all about carts. I had the choice of powertrons or t-105. I know the t-105 are said to be better but the 4 shops different towns all said same the same thing so I went with the powertrons. Now i thought i was getting the p2200 just noticed they are p2000. not sure what average prices for p2000 vs p2200 is But, what is the difference in them?

Also,My old batteries used to show after a charge on my 36v cat 44 to 48v? We never seen them get under 36 to 38 after running a few hours. then When time came to change them out it would charge to 37 v and while using hit 31v

These new p2000 on the first charge had shown 46v then when using would go to 32 to 34 v then back to 37 v and parked 38v. why? My gauge bad that shows the juice? It also at first seems strong taking off etc but first stop sign you hit the peddle and its kinda like not as quick etc.

Do i have something going on with the new batteries too or something in the cart? Charger?

Thanks in advance
Fellpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2018, 07:51 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: P2000 vs P2200 Whats the difference besides price?

6 volt Powertrons are P-2000. I’ve never heard of P2200 but my local shops maybe just don’t stock them?

I like Powertrons and have seen them last 6+ years if cared for. They are made by Trojan, although not as expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #3
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: P2000 vs P2200 & why still sluggish???

These new p2000 on the first charge had shown 46v then when using would go to 32 to 34 v then back to 37 v and parked 38v. why? My gauge bad that shows the juice? It also at first seems strong taking off etc but first stop sign you hit the peddle and its kinda like not as quick etc.

Do i have something going on with the new batteries too or something in the cart? Charger?

Thx on fast reply
Old 04-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Your batteries should charge up to 44 to 46 volts.

By how your explaining the batteries you might have a bad cell in one of the batteries.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:21 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Give them a few cycles to "break in". Fresh off the shelf they'll need those few charge cycles to come up to their full potential. If you look through the many previous posts about breaking in new batteries you'll see that your initial readings are fairly common.

If it's seeming slower after stops, just double check that you don't have brakes dragging. Particularly coming off winter storage there may be a little surface rust to knock off the drums, actuators and even the cables.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Give them a few cycles to "break in". Fresh off the shelf they'll need those few charge cycles to come up to their full potential. If you look through the many previous posts about breaking in new batteries you'll see that your initial readings are fairly common.

If it's seeming slower after stops, just double check that you don't have brakes dragging. Particularly coming off winter storage there may be a little surface rust to knock off the drums, actuators and even the cables.

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:22 AM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellpuppet View Post

Thx on fast reply
Battery voltage should drop a little under load but 32v sounds like a little to low. It does take about 20 - 30 charges to get your batteries fully conditioned.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #8
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Didn't know about cycling new batteries, sorry.

I will check the brakes.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #9
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Battery voltage should drop a little under load but 32v sounds like a little to low. It does take about 20 - 30 charges to get your batteries fully conditioned.
After cycling will the drop ro 31to 32 not happen?
Old 04-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

When it drops that low what are you doing??? Level street up a hill more input please.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO