lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2021, 07:48 PM   #1
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default ‘04 Series TXT Issues

I have a 2004 TXT series cart that is giving me a hard time. The owner said it was flooded… I know how that is. Made a new battery tray for it, bought new batteries. Solenoid clicks but nothing else. Tested the motor, it is good. Replaced the solenoid, it is good. Still the same. Turns out the ITS was out of range, so I just replaced it today.

I tried to drive it after replacing it and the cart moved maybe half an inch and then stopped. Now it is just clicking again. I got rid of the 4 pin Molex connector, have replaced all the cables, not sure what it could be now? Could it be the controller itself? I tried a different controller on it, but with the old ITS. Why would it work for just a split second? Everything seems to be how it should be.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2021, 07:52 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: ‘04 Series TXT Issues

That marathon I bought before I moved to Michigan did the same thing. It would move an inch and stop. Turned out to be the controller. Search the Curtis part number and get the manual from the Curtis website. It gives all the diagnostic checks to test at the controller itself to confirm if it’s good or not.

I think I have you the motor I took out of that cart. I’m pretty sure it’s good
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:09 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default ‘04 Series TXT Issues

Yeah I have a few good motors. But this one is good too. I even tried a “rolling start” to rule out bad brush contact. The sticker is missing but it’s probably the 1206-4301. It is in good shape and doesn’t look like it’s seen liquid. I’ll try another controller in it tomorrow, but I was only told it’s good. I haven’t personally seen it work.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ‘04 Series TXT Issues

CP241 nailed it. It was the controller. (And the ITS.) Double issues are sometimes the hardest to troubleshoot :-) thanks everyone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO