lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
TAG Prez
Not Yet Wild

Default ICON Tuner in Clearwater Area

Is anyone here an ICON tuner or know of one near Clearwater/Largo Florida? I have a non lifted i60 that I'm hoping to get programmed to pick up a little more top end speed. I was talking with tech at local dealer and he says it can be done but he has blown me off 5 or 6 times so looking for someone else. Thanks in adavance!
TAG Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2021, 06:10 AM   #2
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Default Re: ICON Tuner in Clearwater Area

You could do it yourself?

cable from a train, https://www.amazon.com/Golf-Programm...dp/B09253SPKC/

canusb , https://canusbshop.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=51

Total about $160 and you can download the software and tweak to your heart's content provided you have a windows OS laptop.

What speed are you getting? For me, top speed with bone stock stuff on the cart seems to be about 30mph even though the rpm's are set for higher. Mine came from the dealer with 6k rpm set and could hit 30mph and you can feel when the limiter hits as the cart literally feels like it hit a ceiling. Changed it to 7k rpm and now I go about 31-32mph but the motor feels like it's trying to do more but cant (weight, drag, etc.) and would need lithium batteries and/or stronger motor to hit 35mph.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
TAG Prez
Not Yet Wild

Display says it running 32MPH but GPS has it at 28MPH. I have Lithium ( I did 4 allied) so I took several hundred pounds out of it. I'm still running the stock 10" wheels and I know upgrading the wheels might get me 1 or 2 MPH. Ideally I would like to get it to run around 35MPH just so we blend in with traffic better. I'm not very technical so I hate to start messing around with settings I know nothing about, would rather pay someone who has experience
Old 10-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG Prez View Post
Display says it running 32MPH but GPS has it at 28MPH. I have Lithium ( I did 4 allied) so I took several hundred pounds out of it. I'm still running the stock 10" wheels and I know upgrading the wheels might get me 1 or 2 MPH. Ideally I would like to get it to run around 35MPH just so we blend in with traffic better. I'm not very technical so I hate to start messing around with settings I know nothing about, would rather pay someone who has experience
If you're not able to find somebody locally to help you, I'd try and call your dealer and say "I'll give you $100 if you can turn up the RPM limit in the software."

He'll either laugh and say he can't or say c'mon in?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:21 PM   #5
Scott quail
Gone Wild

I work for a dealership in land o lakes
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:38 PM   #6
AdamP
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG Prez View Post
I'm running the allied what kind of range are seeing with them. I'm also looking into a shunt/ battery monitor which gives alot more info than the one that came with the batteries. I have the programmer to bad your not closer
AdamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:58 AM   #7
TAG Prez
Not Yet Wild

we can drive with 4 people for 25-30 miles and still have 30% left so I don't really know the absolute max range.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:03 AM   #8
TAG Prez
Not Yet Wild

AT Train - I did reach out to local dealer and their tech is more than capable of doing it but he has made 5-6 appointments with me to do it and never shows up. I have no way of getting the cart to them otherwise I would do that.

Scott Quail - are you interested in coming out to do it, if so please reach out and we can arrange a time/cost. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2021, 10:52 AM   #9
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Sent you a PM.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #10
Dkmeyers
Not Yet Wild

Anyone is SW Florida who can tune or turn up an Icon i60L for me? Getting a RoyPow 160ah installed and wanted to speed it up as well....
Dkmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon