lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
zmoore
Not Yet Wild

Default Underbody protection

Has anyone considered or used any kind of protective spray underneath to help protect from rust? I am in a beach environment so was thinking of applying something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-28...ps%2C96&sr=8-3
zmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2021, 11:41 AM   #2
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Default Re: Underbody protection

not sure if the dealer was BS'ing or not but I live close to the beach too and was told that they're already sprayed with a rust inhibitor. Have no idea to what extent if it's true. Couldnt hurt to be extra careful but would think you're looking more for a rubberized undercoating product vs enamel, rustoleum makes that as well. Lots of people have commented on POR15 but it seems to be more expensive.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:01 PM   #3
zmoore
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahfah View Post
not sure if the dealer was BS'ing or not but I live close to the beach too and was told that they're already sprayed with a rust inhibitor. Have no idea to what extent if it's true. Couldnt hurt to be extra careful but would think you're looking more for a rubberized undercoating product vs enamel, rustoleum makes that as well. Lots of people have commented on POR15 but it seems to be more expensive.
Thanks, my thought was some kind of rubberized undercoating would make washing off sand and dirt more difficult so wasn't sure if that made sense.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:01 PM   #4
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Fwiw I use black spray on cosmoline to undercoat, it won't weaken with time or powerwash off like POR15. Petroleum solvents will remove it. It's not pretty stuff though, holds a layer of dust.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:59 AM   #5
zmoore
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBIRD! View Post
Fwiw I use black spray on cosmoline to undercoat, it won't weaken with time or powerwash off like POR15. Petroleum solvents will remove it. It's not pretty stuff though, holds a layer of dust.
Good to know, thanks!
Old 11-16-2021, 08:26 AM   #6
zmoore
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahfah View Post
I asked around about this and only the frame is protected, the rest of the cart is not. I decided to go with a clear rustoleum and used it on the whole bottom, etc. So far, so good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon