lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2022, 05:42 PM   #1
Kenlhlp
Getting Wild

Default ICON General Question about reliability

Are the ICON carts all they are cracked up to be? Seemed to be priced right for the options they come with. Wondering about reliability and long term service and parts availability.

Thank you,
Ken
Kenlhlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2022, 08:32 AM   #2
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Default Re: ICON General Question about reliability

Not sure about how much longevity you're asking about? Icon hasnt been around that long, like 4-5 years at this point. I've had mine for two years and have had zero issues with the cart itself other than the state of charge accuracy which was apparently fixed in new models (and is fixed in the older by doing an on/off turn of the key when charging, 2 seconds to do).

I live in a very large golf cart community near the beach and use it daily. 80% of the carts here are Icon/Advanced EV and now Gorilla is showing up (another lvtong). Have yet to see any broken down lvtongs while out and about. I do see older club cars and EZGO's but I dont think that's an indication of quality, everything will eventually have problems.

The key thing is, is it a POS that has constant problems? No. I'm sure there's people out there that got a lemon and that's the same for anything.

Need parts? Yeah, that's the problem. You can go to any joebob internet site to get parts, you either have to go through a dealer or Icon directly (which they would probably point you to a dealer). You can get some aftermarket parts but they are more of the generic/universal kind. I dont really consider that a deal breaker but it may be for some if you're the tinkering kind.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 12:07 PM   #3
Kenlhlp
Getting Wild

Default Re: ICON General Question about reliability

I appreciate the info. I also live in a location where there are many golf carts in use. I have owned Yamaha, EZGO and now have a Gem. Looking to buy a new cart and looking around at all the manufacturers.
Kenlhlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon