lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2022, 12:20 PM   #1
PVTom
Not Yet Wild

Default Can I unplug when the light is still RED?

Hello,

I recently read in another forum that it was bad to unplug the charger if the light was still red. Is this true? Please explain because I feel this contradicts the guidance to always plug in the charger after every use.

Thanks in advance.
PVTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can I unplug when the light is still RED?

Partial charges are fine. Often Called opportunity charges, like a 30-60 min lunch break charge when you are working the cart all day. That is a great way to keep the voltage higher than simply draining the pack down fully and recharging.

A problem may occur with the older percentage gauges like Ezgo used to use. These gauges show 100% each time the charger is disconnected which we know would not be the case and that is why it is better to use a voltmeter gauge
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon